How to Repair DirectShow on Windows Server 2008 (32 bits)

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous How to Repair DirectShow on Windows Server 2008 (32 bits)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hello, everybody. I new on this forum. However, I think this is the only place that can help me.

I need to know how to repair DirectShow on my Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32bit).

First, I though it was an issue into all Directx, but I see that wasn’t because Direct3D, DirectDraw and the other DirectX services seems to works perfectly fine.

However, DirectShow has a problem than I cannot identify. Every program requesting DirectShow services crashes automatically without a warning or a message.

When executing DxDiag, runs fine when DirectShow in not request, but when it does, it crashes like the other programs.

I tried to fix it installing K-Lite Codec Pack and it really repaired all the playing issues (EX.- Windows Media Player doesn’t crash anymore.) but still lefts DirectShow broken.

It’s still an issue for me, because using program that always request DirectShow (like Sony Vegas) make it crash inmediately without starting.

Please, can anyone provide me a guide, tips or some useful tools to repair or restore from zero the entire DirectShow?

Any help with be really appreciated. 😀
      And thank you.

P.S. I have already installed DirectX 11 and the Jun 2010 update.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.