How to enable sleep mode?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous How to enable sleep mode?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I want to use sleep button.

Is it pssible to sleep R2 with hyper-v machines running?

@hanpedro wrote:

In Srv 2008 (R2), you can use it only from Logon Screen…
      Just press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then click the arrow on a shut down button and select “Sleep”… 😉

Anonymous

@hanpedro wrote:

In Srv 2008 (R2), you can use it only from Logon Screen…
        Just press CTRL + ALT + DEL and then click the arrow on a shut down button and select “Sleep”… 😉

Or, if you have a laptop, it probably has a special key combination (like Fn+F4 or something) that activates sleep mode. You might have to configure it in power scheme settings first, though.

Anonymous

Or, if you have a laptop, it probably has a special key combination (like Fn+F4 or something) that activates sleep mode. You might have to configure it in power scheme settings first, though.

@Indrek wrote:

Indrek/ Thanks for your kind reply.

How to configure power scheme?
          I’ve tried, but I could not find Sleep or Standby in power scheme.

Anonymous

@Indrek wrote:

Indrek/ Thanks for your kind reply.

you can try MCE Standby Tool
            http://slicksolutions.eu/

info here

http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml

Anonymous

you can try MCE Standby Tool
              http://slicksolutions.eu/

info here

http://slicksolutions.eu/mst.shtml

@hanpedro wrote:

Go to Power Options (either from the control panel, or type it into the Start menu search box), and in the left-hand column click on “Choose what the power buttons do”. From there you can set the action for pressing the Sleep button.

Edit: do you have Hyper-V installed? If I recall correctly, Hyper-V disables sleep mode.

Anonymous

@hanpedro wrote:

Go to Power Options (either from the control panel, or type it into the Start menu search box), and in the left-hand column click on “Choose what the power buttons do”. From there you can set the action for pressing the Sleep button.

Edit: do you have Hyper-V installed? If I recall correctly, Hyper-V disables sleep mode.

Another great way to instantly access sleep mode is to add a system gadegt to your sidebar. If you would like a system gadget see my post viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1033. Its a free gadget with tons of options and give the ability to launch your screensaver, run, control panel, logoff, sleep, shutdown, etc all from your desktop.

Anonymous

Another great way to instantly access sleep mode is to add a system gadegt to your sidebar. If you would like a system gadget see my post viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1033. Its a free gadget with tons of options and give the ability to launch your screensaver, run, control panel, logoff, sleep, shutdown, etc all from your desktop.

Viewing 12 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.