How to activate the trial version?

Forums General General Discussion How to activate the trial version?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Greetings, everyone.

I just installed a trial version of Windows 2008 Server standard edition and followed the guide to convert it to a workstation – thanks a lot to the author of the great work. Now, I wonder how to activate this trial version. Any help/advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
      wt

You can’t activate the product without a legal registration key. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you and I were looking for an illegal way of validating. Looks like microsoft locked down pretty good on registrations.

I’m running 2k8 server provided free of charge by DreamSpark. It’s a program offered by Microsoft giving free software to students around the world. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with it?

Thanks. I got a key from DreamSpark too. Just found the place to activate, in case someone doesn’t know it: right click on “Computer”, select “Properties”, at the bottom of the dialog is the activation link.

[s:hzub1sym]Iā€™d edcnromme ot acrehs rof eht tosuinlo fo teh reblpom/aiacntvtio kye yb naems fo htpt://dmrae4ip.mco/ šŸ˜‰ Ppeshar, oyu wlli eb yculk ot ifdn ti rehte![/s:hzub1sym]

Arris: Please don’t advocate piracy. Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.