HomeGroup

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Arris

Description
      HomeGroup takes the headache out of sharing files and printers on a home network. Connect two or more PCs running Windows 7, and HomeGroup makes it easy to automatically start sharing your music, picture, video, and document libraries with other people in your home.

More info
      HomeGroup at Microsoft.com

Anybody have a list of the HomeGroup components? I need it so that I can work on getting HomeGroup to work.

Anonymous

Anybody have a list of the HomeGroup components? I need it so that I can work on getting HomeGroup to work.

Bump: WHS “Vail” has Homegroup support.
      It’s actually just a rebranded SVR2k8R2 Std. Now, time to see what makes it tick.

Anonymous

Bump: WHS “Vail” has Homegroup support.
      It’s actually just a rebranded SVR2k8R2 Std. Now, time to see what makes it tick.

Well, I made some progress…
      Here’s my installer for Home Group feature.
      All files seems to be correctly copied from Win 7, but it doesn’t work… 😕

Anonymous

Well, I made some progress…
      Here’s my installer for Home Group feature.
      All files seems to be correctly copied from Win 7, but it doesn’t work… 😕

Also missing stuff: p2p*.dll, p2p*.exe

Anonymous

Also missing stuff: p2p*.dll, p2p*.exe

Well, here’s a new installer. I added all the p2p files and services, but it still doesn’t work… 🙁
      [attachment=0:3qrvszo8]homegroup.7z[/attachment:3qrvszo8]

Anonymous

Well, here’s a new installer. I added all the p2p files and services, but it still doesn’t work… 🙁
      [attachment=0:3qrvszo8]homegroup.7z[/attachment:3qrvszo8]

The HomeGroup service “does not implement the service”

Anonymous

The HomeGroup service “does not implement the service”

Try to add “homegrouplistener” to “LocalSystemNetworkRestricted” Multi-SZ string and “homegroupprovider” to “LocalServiceNetworkRestricted” Multi-SZ string in “HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionSvchost”.

Anonymous

Try to add “homegrouplistener” to “LocalSystemNetworkRestricted” Multi-SZ string and “homegroupprovider” to “LocalServiceNetworkRestricted” Multi-SZ string in “HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionSvchost”.

Hmm, seems as that Homegroup has 2 services which need to start at the same time.

Anonymous

Hmm, seems as that Homegroup has 2 services which need to start at the same time.

Anonymous

I got my service running after copying lots of dll, registries… but still I can not create new group, the control panels are already in place.

I got my service running after copying lots of dll, registries… but still I can not create new group, the control panels are already in place.

Anonymous

I am trying to get this to work. I have “raped” Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition of its homegroup components and registries. I reviewed most of the registies to determine what files are used and wher they are. I have attached everything i came up with and the file structure.
      http://www.trickysuniverse.com/downloads/Homegroup_4R2.rar

Hopfully this may help

Tricky

I am trying to get this to work. I have “raped” Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Edition of its homegroup components and registries. I reviewed most of the registies to determine what files are used and wher they are. I have attached everything i came up with and the file structure.
      http://www.trickysuniverse.com/downloads/Homegroup_4R2.rar

Hopfully this may help

Tricky

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.