Hi there! Another curious guy here!

Forums General Introduction Hi there! Another curious guy here!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi!

I just want to try something new sometimes, now its time to 2k8 r2. Two reasons: got a decent pc, and want a solid system for a workstation; and is the only one which is free and has steam (i hope so…)

I have a xp license, but for the new games, maybe dx11 can be a little better….

So, until I have a good couple hardware/o.s., i will be here asking a lot.

Arris

Welcome at the forum! 😉 XP is getting increasingly retired so switching to Windows 6.0 (Server 2008/Vista) or Windows 6.1 (Server 2008 R2/7) is a good choice, also for games which need the new DirectX 11.

Enjoy your stay! 🙂

thanks, i got some first impressions of system (not so deep although):

boot slower than xp and 7 (maybe effect of ausence of prefetch/superfetch, i followed the tutorial but after the register tweak, the service related doesnt appears);

shutdown super fast;

pc is responsible, but i think needs a fine tune yet;

all device drivers ok, including video card, but no catalyst.

well, i need to take a seat and read all forum, a base for comparation for my system. anyway, this is the best 2008 workstation information source i could find (dont speak english, but all is well explained), keep up the good work!

Arris

@rent-a-hero wrote:

boot slower than xp and 7

Hibernating instead of shutting down might be an option. At least works fine for me. 😉 Otherwise, search the forum as you already mentioned; due to the contribution of knowledge of many people, there is a treasure of information around here! 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.