Hi everyone

Forums General Introduction Hi everyone

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hey everyone,

I’m new on this board and i registered here because i read trough the tutorials and i installed server 2008 as my only running system.

I have to say that the admin here does a great job and this project is very useful for a lot of people around the world. Hence i donated a small amount in order to support this really great site.

To me: I’m from Germany and i am a student, who is using his computer for different stuff since 5 years. I could make new experiences and use a lot of hard and software.

I think we’ll have a lot to share on this board.

See you

Arris

Hey,

Welcome to the Win2008Workstation forums and of course thanks for your donation! 🙂 I think you are one of the many students that are trying several operating systems just because they are curious and they want to learn stuff. (I’m one of them too)

See you around! 😉

Greetings, Arris

yeah i saw you are just 20, not much than i am xD okay a bit, but not much indeed ^^

may i ask you for how long you do this, you know, trying out operating systems and stuff?

Arris

I think I’ve been using Windows Server 2003 for two years and before that I just used Windows XP. Since the time we got our first computer (~1995/Windows 95) I was figuring out all possible features and fixed it when I broke something. Currently I use Virtual Machines more often to try these things. 😉

@Arris wrote:

I think I’ve been using Windows Server 2003 for two years and before that I just used Windows XP. Since the time we got our first computer (~1995/Windows 95) I was figuring out all possible features and fixed it when I broke something. Currently I use Virtual Machines more often to try these things. 😉

even though this might be spam:

Respect! 😀

Arris

Haha, no don’t see that as spam. 😉 Just banned a real spammer at the forum that tries to sell World Of Warcraft nonsense. 😕

What kind of study are you doing at the moment? Something related to computers?

ah no at the moment i just haven’t a up-to-date hardware which i need to make any kind of studies (at least in my eyes…it just makes more fun with quad core than with normal amd 64 ^^)

right now i have to learn for school xD especially geography. yeah i like that too, besides computer stuff

but i’m planing to buy a new hardware around christmas and i can finally do some tests again. maybe i finally buy a mac, that would we very nice 😉

and till windows 7 is released i’m definitely back to the game…i still wonder how much ressources this OS will need and i just wanna have fun picking this system into pieces and complain about Microsoft 🙄

Arris

Sounds like an interesting study. It’s good to learn multiple things! The need for hardware depends of what you are doing with your pc. If you like to play games, my system isn’t probably sufficient. I like to work with many programs open and some virtual machines, so I only have much RAM. All other hardware components are fine for now. I will also at least be using Windows Server 2008 till a new version of Windows or Windows Server comes. Works fine for me at the moment! 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.