Hi,

Forums General Introduction Hi,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Just decided to register after reading a thread regarding W2K8S R2 and Superfetch which caught my attention.

While I hope to be able to help out with some stuff I must say I’ve only recently picked up my passion for computers again after a lapse of almost ten years…. 😳
      Things have moved on since then so I’m having some catching up to do.

Anyhow, this seems like a nice place to start so here we are. 😎

Best,

$

Arris

Hey,

You got a nice nickname! 😉 Anyway, welcome at the forums and I hope we can help each other to get you back on at least the level you had before the (longtime!) break.

I think it’s a good start to play with a Server operating system as it has (nearly) the feature-set of a home operating system + much more server-specific roles/features. 🙂

See you around! :geek:

Regards, Arris

Anonymous

Hey,

You got a nice nickname! 😉 Anyway, welcome at the forums and I hope we can help each other to get you back on at least the level you had before the (longtime!) break.

I think it’s a good start to play with a Server operating system as it has (nearly) the feature-set of a home operating system + much more server-specific roles/features. 🙂

See you around! :geek:

Regards, Arris

Hi,

Thx for the welcome.
          You know where that nickname was “nicked” from, don’t you?

Have been on Server 2003 since it became available.
          Done some dabbling with XP (both X86 and X64) late last year. Skipping Vista allogether (not my cupper). Much impressed by W2K8S and even more so by W2K8S-R2.
          Running W2K8S R2 Standard and Enterprise along Win7 Enterprise on a tripple boot as I write.

Looks as if we’re neighbours. 😎

Later,

$

P.S. Just to impress the ladies: (You never know, right?)

W2K3S on a dual Xeon Dell PE 4600.
          Ditto on an old Intel Astor Dual PII, W2KS on an even older Asus Dual PIII and finally a Dell Optiplex 745 MD with Q6600 and 8 gig of Ram as a scratchbox.
          All but the Dell 745 are full SCSI machines, of course. 😉

Anonymous

Hi,

Thx for the welcome.

Have been on Server 2003 since it became available.
            Done some dabbling with XP (both X86 and X64) late last year. Skipping Vista allogether (not my cupper). Much impressed by W2K8S and even more so by W2K8S-R2.
            Running W2K8S R2 Standard and Enterprise along Win7 Enterprise on a tripple boot as I write.

Later,

$

P.S. Just to impress the ladies: (You never know, right?)

W2K3S on a dual Xeon Dell PE 4600.
            Ditto on an old Intel Astor Dual PII, W2KS on an even older Asus Dual PIII and finally a Dell Optiplex 745 MD with Q6600 and 8 gig of Ram as a scratchbox.
            All but the Dell 745 are full SCSI machines, of course. 😉

Arris

I’ve also been on Windows Server operating systems since Windows 2003 Server. I like the better performance and extra features. It’s also great to find out new things and to work on the Wish Lists :geek: @$RECYCLE.BIN wrote:

Yep, that’s why I like it! (“dir /a “) 🙂@$RECYCLE.BIN wrote:

You are right! 😉

Anonymous

I’ve also been on Windows Server operating systems since Windows 2003 Server. I like the better performance and extra features. It’s also great to find out new things and to work on the Wish Lists :geek: @$RECYCLE.BIN wrote:

Yep, that’s why I like it! (“dir /a “) 🙂@$RECYCLE.BIN wrote:

You are right! 😉

Viewing 6 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.