- 18th October 2008 at 08:55 #47418ArrisModerator
This can be because of several different causes for wired and wireless networking:
Wired and Wireless:
* Did you install the driver for your networking card?
* If you go to the Network and Sharing Center -> Manage network connections and doubleclick the connection you want to have connected, do you see packets going in and out?
* Did you install the Wireless Networking feature?
- 18th October 2008 at 23:47 #47419ArrisModerator
I have checked the “diagnose and repair” in network and sharing center. it said this computer does not have a network adapter installed and configured. Then I guess I should install the network driver. I downloaded Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software from the website of lenovo and installed it following the instruction. But it still does not work. When I open the device manager, there is a notation “!” infront of both the ethernet controller and network controller.
Could you help me?
Check out the following url: Keith Combs’ Blahg: Installing Windows Server 2008 x64 on the Lenovo ThinkPad T400
He has a good explanation of installing all drivers, especially the networking driver. He describes the installation process for a x64 edition of Windows Server 2008, but I’m sure this will also work in a similar way for the x86 version.
Good luck! 😉
- 18th October 2008 at 02:38 #43408
I am so sad that after I finished installing the windows server 2008 on my new computer lenovo thinkpad T400, the computer could not connect the internet. Why? Who can help me?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.