HELP!I can’t get connected to the internet

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) HELP!I can’t get connected to the internet

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am so sad that after I finished installing the windows server 2008 on my new computer lenovo thinkpad T400, the computer could not connect the internet. Why? Who can help me?

Arris

This can be because of several different causes for wired and wireless networking:

Wired and Wireless:
        * Did you install the driver for your networking card?
        * If you go to the Network and Sharing Center -> Manage network connections and doubleclick the connection you want to have connected, do you see packets going in and out?

Wireless networking:
        * Did you install the Wireless Networking feature?

Arris

I have checked the “diagnose and repair” in network and sharing center. it said this computer does not have a network adapter installed and configured. Then I guess I should install the network driver. I downloaded Intel PRO/1000 LAN Adapter Software from the website of lenovo and installed it following the instruction. But it still does not work. When I open the device manager, there is a notation “!” infront of both the ethernet controller and network controller.
          Could you help me?

Check out the following url: Keith Combs’ Blahg: Installing Windows Server 2008 x64 on the Lenovo ThinkPad T400
          He has a good explanation of installing all drivers, especially the networking driver. He describes the installation process for a x64 edition of Windows Server 2008, but I’m sure this will also work in a similar way for the x86 version.

Good luck! 😉

Arris

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.