Hello

Forums General Introduction Hello

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi I’ve recently converted from Vista Ultimate to Server 2008 Standard Edition on my media PC.

At first I tried the server os on a spare PC I had to run as a dedicated gaming server, then wanted storage as well. So ended up using my media PC as the base and installed Enterprise Edition initally. I had a few probs – although this site proved to be a very great help in the conversion. In fact I’ve learned alot in a very short space of time from here , the web and just fiddling around with variuos setups using the server.

I had to reinstall the server os as a few things I tried really messed it up for me. But now I have Standard Edition running very fast and stable, in fact my overclocking of the processor seems to be much more stable also.

I’m just having a few issues at the moment with Battlefield 2 & Adobe CS3 Master collection – both of which have installed but have some serious teething probs – which I have posted in the forums today.

Hopefully I can get some help on those.

Anyway great site…really.

Thanks in advance.

NikWest

Arris

Hello NikWest, good to have more people here that are trying everything they can in order to get the result they want! As you say yourself you learn a lot from it too! 🙂

I’m sure together we ‘ll find out how to get the non-working apps/games working. 😎

See you around!

Arris

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.