Has anyone figured out how to enable CD/DVD burning in R2?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Has anyone figured out how to enable CD/DVD burning in R2?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

This is evidently disabled by design and I want it on.

The built-in disc burning program that comes with Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 will only burn ISO disc images on CDs/DVDs. If you want to burn multimedia files like movies, episodes of your favorite shows, pictures, etc, you need a 3rd party utility like Roxio in order to do that.

Is this the program you are referring to?

@halladayrules wrote:

Is this the program you are referring to?

He was probably referring to Windows Server’s inability to burn using non-admin account.

So I can just find that on a Win7 64-bit distro and install it and I get the ISO burining back, even from my own account (which is in Administrators group)? If so, yes, that’s what I’m looking for.

@sspotts wrote:

So I can just find that on a Win7 64-bit distro and install it and I get the ISO burining back, even from my own account (which is in Administrators group)? If so, yes, that’s what I’m looking for.

No.
      It’s Windows Server security mechanism and probably can’t be changed. 🙁

@AsciiWolf wrote:

@sspotts wrote:

No.
      It’s Windows Server security mechanism and probably can’t be changed. 🙁

Aah. Yes of course you need Administrative privilege. Good catch ASCII.

Nero BurnRights works …

i can back up/burn everything except vob and the like using the built in winders burner. don’t know why you can’t burn pics and mpeg, etc? how can you not have admin rights in server?

Because I created an user acc like you have it on Seven …

I have not been able to have a normal user burn CD/DVDs.
      I tried the gpedit “CD and DVD: Deny write access” to Disabled.
      No luck
      This is really a big problem for me.
      So any help would be a big help.
      Thanks

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.