GTA IV and Windows Server

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Games Compatibility GTA IV and Windows Server

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author

Hllo guy’s
      1)I am install GTA!2)Downloaded crack!3) Then i start the game, has looked the very first video! game crashed!

Problem Event Name: APPLICATION CRASH
      System RAM: 2145775616
      Available RAM: 551354368
      Number of CPUs: 2
      Video Card Manufacturer: NVIDIA
      Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO
      Video Card Driver Version: 7.15.0011.8048
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
      Locale ID: 1049

Sorry for my bad english…i from russia
      Help me..
      PS
      On Vista with it crack this error is not present

it doesn’t matter, cracked or original, it shows the same error message. according to rockstar’s support this game won’t run on 2008 server ;(

GTA 4 is cracked =)
      Can be crack is bad…

Arris: Warning, no talking about cracks here!

Its not the crack, i have the retail version and the game will as far the the intial titles and then have a runtime error.

Description:
      Critical runtime problem

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPLICATION CRASH
      System RAM: -2478080
      Available RAM: -1968865280
      Number of CPUs: 2
      Video Card Manufacturer: NVIDIA
      Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
      Video Card Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7824
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.272.7
      Locale ID: 2057

And I dont like the look of those memory values 🙁
      It is stated that WS2008 is not supported by them but what games are… I just hope its not a complicated problem.

I have the same problem!
      I also have installed a crack and it allways crashes after GTA4 symbol after rockstar logos. 🙁
      i hope it will be work after a patch!

Hi all I’ve just installed Gta Iv on my 2k8 server entreprise,
      it’s work but after the rockstar’s logo the game crash with notification:
      fatal runtime error…

and you what’s happend?
      it’s great work on xp sp3 on my computer…

I get the same problem =(

I hope someone can make a fix for this! I’ve waited months to play this game.

Yes, please!

A friend bought this game for me, it’s really going to suck if it won’t run.

Does anyone know if it’s related to the Games Explorer? Can someone with the Games Explorer working try it?

i have retail game, games explorer installed on x64 2008 enterprise, unfortunately it doesn’t work. i’m actually waiting for rockstar’s support to confirm if there is something to be done with it so those with 2008 server could play…

I think its something related to the sound system – when its initialized the game starts to unload everything and terminates. Its hard to tell exactly what causes the problem, because the game protection wont start the game if process monitor is running so you have to start it right when the cmd window appears so you can gather some data…
      I will check for more info later today, but it will be great if someone else have some spare time to check this out too 🙂

I crashed it with procmon running, but I’m too much of a n00b to make any sense of the output. I saw about a billion gibberish looking entries with D3D in them that had “Name Not Found” and so was thinking a DirectX issue >.>

I was probably looking in completely the wrong place though.

The lines look like:
      HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlCLASS{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}000_grand theft auto iv/launchgtaiv.exe:D3D_32661390 NAME NOT FOUND

EDIT:

I looked through all the normal “NAME NOT FOUND” entries, and while there was a ton of them, the following files actually seemed to be missing (I couldn’t find them anyway):
      – RPAWINET.DLL (Seems to be an old ISP software DLL or something? WTF?)
      – CABDDF1.tmp (No idea what that’s about)
      – D3DREF9.DLL (Seems like it’d be important)
      – XINPUT9_1_0.DLL (I remember seeing that people got errors about this one in other games – might be significant?)

I hope that helps someone to work this out… I might see if I can find some virus-infected downloadable version of these DLLs and register them. I’ll post back if it achieves anything (other than my destruction).

YESS!!!

I got the XInput DLL from here:
      http://www.m3fe.com/content/xinput
      and grabbed the D3D9REF one out of the June 2008 DirectX SDK (had to install it).
      I was too lazy to register them, so I just chucked them into the game folder.

…and voila! Got into the menu on my 2nd attempt (crashed midway through the logo cinematic the first time – I think because of the Live sign-in).

So try getting the above DLLs and registering them (or putting them into the game folder directly). If that doesn’t work, grab the latest version of the DirectX SDK and install it (it’s MASSIVE though).

Good luck!

Looks like we have a winner 😛
      I was just looking around the DirectX files when i decided to check back the forum and saw your post 🙂
      Thats all folks – all you have to do is to copy xinput9_1_0.dll to your game folder.

thanks guys for the solution, I will try this fix 😀

Edit: Success! that DLL file worked perfectly.

The game runs like crap on my system though 🙁

AMD 4200+ dual core 2.2Ghz, 2GB DDR, 320MB 8800 GTS and I get 15 – 20fps at 1024×768, Lowest Detail.

@Nebby_99 wrote:

I crashed it with procmon running, but I’m too much of a n00b to make any sense of the output. I saw about a billion gibberish looking entries with D3D in them that had “Name Not Found” and so was thinking a DirectX issue >.>

I was probably looking in completely the wrong place though.

The lines look like:
      HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetControlCLASS{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}000_grand theft auto iv/launchgtaiv.exe:D3D_32661390 NAME NOT FOUND

EDIT:

I looked through all the normal “NAME NOT FOUND” entries, and while there was a ton of them, the following files actually seemed to be missing (I couldn’t find them anyway):
      – RPAWINET.DLL (Seems to be an old ISP software DLL or something? WTF?)
      – CABDDF1.tmp (No idea what that’s about)
      – D3DREF9.DLL (Seems like it’d be important)
      – XINPUT9_1_0.DLL (I remember seeing that people got errors about this one in other games – might be significant?)

I hope that helps someone to work this out… I might see if I can find some virus-infected downloadable version of these DLLs and register them. I’ll post back if it achieves anything (other than my destruction).

Hi, can you tell me how did you do that?
      I am trying find out why the autocad2009 crashes at start up. thanks!

All you have to do is to start process monitor, in the filter menu you have to select prpcess > is > something.exe
      where something.exe is the name of the exe file you are going to monitor. Also, make sure you select include in the add rule menu and you also have to press add so the exe will appear with green color next to it in the list.after you are set up, you can press the magnifier icon and run the application to see whats going on in there.
      hope this helps 🙂

@sawo wrote:

All you have to do is to start process monitor, in the filter menu you have to select prpcess > is > something.exe
      where something.exe is the name of the exe file you are going to monitor. Also, make sure you select include in the add rule menu and you also have to press add so the exe will appear with green color next to it in the list.after you are set up, you can press the magnifier icon and run the application to see whats going on in there.
      hope this helps 🙂

Thanks!
      Found it was becaues the VC2005 Runtime, cool 🙂

had you guys who were crashing installed the nov 2008 dx redistributable?

curious if simply updating would have stopped the crash instead of copying that dll to game folder?

xinput dlls helped, thank you

@pringles wrote:

had you guys who were crashing installed the nov 2008 dx redistributable?

curious if simply updating would have stopped the crash instead of copying that dll to game folder?

Yes – the latest version of DX should solve this issue w/o having to copy anything to the game folder.

Hi Gang, Thanks for all the great information.

Seems I am getting another failure or something else is just wrong.
      When I installed the game i got an error at the Social club section that “You must use the Role Management Tool to install or configure Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 x64.”

Does anyone have anything related to this? Please help.

I’m also getting at launch of the social club this error :

RGSC has stopped working.

Description:
      Stopped working

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
      Application Name: RGSC.exe
      Application Version: 1.0.0.0
      Application Timestamp: 491dd2bd
      Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
      Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
      Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a81d
      Exception Code: e0434f4d
      Exception Offset: 0002f35f
      OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
      Locale ID: 1033

Thanks in advance for any help.

I tried to install the dx 9 redist november 2008 ver.
      But NOT working
      I placed the XINPUT9_1_0.DLL to the game folder
      NOW working prefectly
      thx for all ur hardwrok guys 😉

I have a little problem with the game. I cannot start it using start butting in game menu cause the loop showing characters from game never ends. Instead of this i start the benchmark and when i quit the benchmark the game starts so its really annoying. I made everything u said here to run the game. My spec is winserv 2008 x64 EE, double dual core opterons and gf9600gt. Is there anything else i should do?

Thanks, Nebby_99 :mrgreen:

@kacperpl1 wrote:

I have a little problem with the game. I cannot start it using start butting in game menu cause the loop showing characters from game never ends. Instead of this i start the benchmark and when i quit the benchmark the game starts so its really annoying. I made everything u said here to run the game. My spec is winserv 2008 x64 EE, double dual core opterons and gf9600gt. Is there anything else i should do?

The characters video is the loading screen, actually.Its too long probably thats why they made it that way. Maybe something with your save is wrong move it somewhere else until you find whats wrong(by default its located in my documents, i think)

Hi all,

Registered purely so I could thank you lot for finding out how to get this running on WS2008. I’d trawled through dozens of forums looking for any help with getting this running and finally (not even sure what I googled) found my way to this thread. Tips worked a treat, I’ll be hanging around as it seems like this is a damn useful forum to read! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

@Nebby_99 wrote:

YESS!!!

I got the XInput DLL from here:
      http://www.m3fe.com/content/xinput
      and grabbed the D3D9REF one out of the June 2008 DirectX SDK (had to install it).
      I was too lazy to register them, so I just chucked them into the game folder.

Good luck!

чувак!!!!! огромное спасибо!!! игра запустилась!

runs like a charm, just needed to install a couple of things.

I have S2008 (SP2, 64bit, Server, not Enterprise, not R2).
      I have GTA4 english version and GTA4 patch v1.0.7.0

I just iterated on searching for solutions regarding the GTA4 runtime errors, until it finally worked
      Here is what I did:

Note that some software needs to be activated under Windows 2008 features (don’t download a setup.exe), see below:

– downloaded&installed newest DirectX9.0c before installing GTA
      (I think that one also brings “XInput DLL”, because I did not need to copy that file)
      (Maybe the directx9 version distributed on GTA disk is not aware of server 2008)

– download&install “GAMES FOR WINDOWS LIVE CLIENT”
      (otherwise you’ll get error “…live.dll missing…” when starting GTA)

– under Start Menu / Settings / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Server Manager / Features
      add at least theses features:
      – NET Framework 3
      – Desktop Experience (this will bring Media Player 11)

– To prevent error “…TEXP70 – Depth Render Target …” – download&install newest GFX driver for your GFX chip.
      I did not need to uninstall the old ones in safe mode (“F8” during windows boot), but this may help in some cases regarding to google
      You willl need a GFX driver that actually fits for Server 2008 (e.g. don’t use XP64bit driver).

– start Internet Explorer 32bit, then download&install Flash Player

– then install GTA 4 and latest patch

– If you still get an GTA4 start error, google for the error, to find whats missing and try first adding the missing part, before completely reinstalling GTA4, to safe some time

– you may also want to make sure you have all Windows patches installed

I have Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, on a Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650, 8GB DDR3 and Radeon HD 4890 1GB. I have this problem too, where the game crashes right after the “Grand Theft Auto IV” screen after the two Rockstar logos. However, with mine it does not give any error message, the game just waits for a few seconds and then quietly closes. I can confirm that it’s not Games Explorer because I have tried it both clean install and then with xliveless.

GTA IV and EfLC with all versions (patches) run on 2008 if optional “Compatibility and reliability updates” are installed, and additionally both games do not use GFWL (this means no online play). xLiveLess.dll (skip GFWL on launch and on saved games) forum, explaination and download http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=388658
      Regards, game club admin!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.