Greetings and thank you!

Forums General Introduction Greetings and thank you!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve stumbled upon this guide when I was researching information about Windows Server 2008.

My Vista 64 installation had some hiccups (random BSODs, due to probably FUBAR’ed installation), so I decided to change my OS – for the second time in six weeks! Thanks to the (nearly unlimited) trail version of Server ’08 offered by Microsoft, the positive reviews and this excellent site, I’m so far a happy Server ’08 convertee.

This OS feels a bit faster for me (especially the transfer speed while moving files -> 10 Mbytes per second more!) and makes me truly feel that I’m in charge of the system (something Vista somehow never could achieve, despite all the tweaks).

The only letdown I discovered so far is application compatibility in the security department. I’ve spent hours trying to find a working antivirus program as well getting Antivir to work on this, but my interim solution (Rising Antivirus) isn’t quite what I wanted.

Anyways, the guide on the mainpage has helped me alot in quicky setting up Server 2008 to be like Vista on the surface while retaining all the advantages of the improved Kernel.

So here’s a huge thanks to the author(s) and contributors! You’re doing a great job and let’s hope that all of this is just the start of yet another “Server OS as Mainstream OS replacement” movement. :mrgreen:

Greetings from Germany,
      Björn

gr8 speech and welcome

…and makes me truly feel that I’m in charge of the system (something Vista somehow never could achieve, despite all the tweaks).

the most! 🙂

Thanks, Aviv! :mrgreen:

Hello and welcome! Always pleases me reading such a story of salvation hahaha!

Yeah, Vista’s garbage and eyecandy just makes you feel so uncomfortable and out of place hey I agree!

In 2008, you control computer! In Vista, computer controls YOU! 😛

Thnaks, Sonik!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.