Getting IIS 7 in the server to work in WAN

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility Getting IIS 7 in the server to work in WAN

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I got Windows Server 2008 R2 a few days ago from Microsoft Dreamspark. I’ve been having some problems running IIS 7 or other programs relating to a server for the WWW. I never had a problem before running an Apache program on Windows Vista or XP which is what I tried on Windows Server on port 81 because port 80 is blocked because of the server that automatically runs in Windows that I don’t know how to shut down. I have my computer setup as a DMZ host so all ports are unblocked, but when I go to check my ports with a port checker it says it’s checking 192.168.75.1 which isn’t my router IP or my computer LAN IP. I have Windows Firewall turned off just for the purpose of testing things to see if I can get it to work. Is there something in the OS settings I can change to fix this because I when I do look at IIS 7 it shows 192.168.75.1 as a viable IP, but I can’t access it that way. I can only access through my LAN IP which is 192.168.0.160 and via http://localhost/. Thanks in advance if you can help me run this on my WAN static IP.

Open up command prompt and type in the following command:

ipconfig /all > c:ipconfigresults.txt

Navigate to Local Disk C: and open ipconfigresults.txt

Copy and paste the results to the forum.

Also, do you have VMWare workstation installed on your machine?

Anonymous

Open up command prompt and type in the following command:

ipconfig /all > c:ipconfigresults.txt

Navigate to Local Disk C: and open ipconfigresults.txt

Copy and paste the results to the forum.

Also, do you have VMWare workstation installed on your machine?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.