gameux.dll + Games Explorer in Server 2008 r2 RC

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous gameux.dll + Games Explorer in Server 2008 r2 RC

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Does somebody got working this two things in Server 2008 r2 RC?
      I really want to move to 2008 r2, but I like Games Explorer, which I can’t found for r2. That’s the only thing, why I’m still using Win 2008 instead of Win 2008 r2…

dont see why gameux.dll wouldnt work, at least the game I know that asked for it works normally, the games explorer is another story… it installed and the links got there but they wouldnt execute and after a while only a empty folder that says “x items” is what was left…

Well, I tried to install gameux.dll from Windows 7 RC and it works well.
      So, I made an installer (which is included as attachment) for it… 😉
      [attachment=0:1dj8uy4w]gameux.7z[/attachment:1dj8uy4w]

I also got Windows 7 Aero (Improved Windows Vista Aero mouse pointers) mouse pointers working…
      [attachment=0:1tk0k19l]aero_cursors.zip[/attachment:1tk0k19l]

I probably got “Game Controllers” Control Panel from Windows 7 working too. 😉
      [attachment=0:37enekud]joy_win7.zip[/attachment:37enekud]

thank you, I had to do the gameux.dll manually cause the installer said the module “WindowsSystem32gameux.dll” and “WindowsSysWOW64gameux.dll” failed to load tho.

AsciiWolf thanks for all the files there working great do you have the game explorer from win 7 ?

@malik22 wrote:

do you have the game explorer from win 7 ?

No. I can’t get this damn thing working…
      I tried everything but the “Games” menu doesn’t appear in Start menu and typing “Games” in the explorer window run web search of “Games” instead of Games Explorer… 🙁

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.