Flash Player and Remote Desktop Services

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2016 Miscellaneous Flash Player and Remote Desktop Services

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lotusisrael

I have already posted this on Technet Forums, I paste it on here as well, I consider it one step in the future guide of converting WS 2016 into a workstation:

I have just found out that Flash Player is available for Windows Server 2016 on this

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2016/11/08/adobe-flash-support-on-windows-server-2016/

I needed Flash Player on Internet Explorer, I decided I could install RDSH as a background requirement, like I had already enabled Fax Server to get Windows Fax and Scan. I manage the machine locally, not remotely, so on itself it was not necessary any kind of RDS. Enabling it, it says it needs to configured something, otherwise it will stop working in 120 days. It would not be an issue, unless it stops Flash Player as well. I have found this http://neurogadget.net/2016/11/28/adobe-flash-player-download-install-available-windows-server-2016/47793 , pasted the command from there into PowerShell ran as administrator, but it seemed not to work, a long time was taking, it seemed blocked, so I stoped it and enabled RDSH. I got Flash Player then. My questions are:

1) After those 120 days, Flash Player will stop working as well?

2) Is there are other way to enable Flash Player, if the answer for the first question is yes?

3) If the answer for the first question is yes, how can I configure RDSH on a minimum level, just to have it as a background running requirement for Flash Player, and continue my local management scheme, as before?

Anonymous

What is RDSH ? 🙄

Anonymous

Remote Desktop Session Host , available on Remote Desktop Services role, on Server Manager.

Anonymous

You can reset remote desktop licensing grace period :

THIS POST HAS BEEN REMOVED TEMPORARILY WHILE I LOOK INTO THIS.
              I AM NOT SURE IF THIS IS LEGAL….

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY ARGUMENTS ABOUT THIS !

hackerman1 (Administrator)

Anonymous

It seems that a cleaner way of enabling Flash exists. First, uninstall any Flash Player updates from Remove Updates, in Control Panel, then remove all Remote Desktop Services, if you already enabled them. After the reboot, open Command Prompt as Administrator and paste there this:
                dism /online /add-package /packagepath:”C:WindowsservicingPackagesAdobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0.mum”

After that, it seems that even enabling of disabling Remote Desktop Services will keep Flash Player in place. I can not understand why Microsoft recommends to enable the entire Remote Desktop Service to get just Flash Player.

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/bernhard_frank/2016/11/24/add-flash-player-to-server-2016/

elvish yadav
                Participant

If the answer for the first question is yes, how can I configure RDSH on a minimum level, just to have it as a background running requirement for Flash Player, and continue my local management scheme, as before?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.