Firewall Software

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m a big fan of symantec software (so please don’t try to convert me) and I used NIS 2008 on my XP install. now that I’m using Win2k8 i need an alternative since NIS 08 won’t install on servers and there aren’t any MSIs to edit. Does symantec have server firewall software? I’ve looked at their Endpoint software, but it seems that its just Anti-Virus.
        -ACiD

Arris

In this article at symantec.com it says that the Symantec Endpoint Protection v11 features include:

# Personal Firewall
          The Symantec Endpoint Protection firewall is software that provides a barrier between the computer and the Internet. The firewall prevents unauthorized users from accessing the computers and the networks that connect to the Internet. It detects possible hacker attacks, protects personal information, and eliminates unwanted sources of network traffic.
          # Intrusion Prevention
          The intrusion prevention system (IPS) is the Symantec Endpoint Protection client's second layer of defense after the firewall. The intrusion prevention system is a network-based system. If a known attack is detected, one or more intrusion prevention technologies can automatically block it.

So I guess a firewall IS in the Endpoint Protection software… 🙂

Yes, and the full package (latest: 11.0.2000 – some 400MB) is working just fine managing your other computers.

Anonymous

Thanks a lot. I like it better than NIS!

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.