Enabling Context Menu`

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Enabling Context Menu`

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Running Server 2008 64 bit and the first thing I have noticed is all the Right Click Context menus are gone.

Eg these are the ones added by applications you install like Winrar, Editpad Prod etc.

How can I re-enable these.

Note. Right click works but the extras don’t get added.

Paul

Arris

I don’t have that problem in Server 2008 64bit with WinRAR 3.71. Are you sure you have selected Shell integration at the WinRAR setup? (Can be accessed by opening WinRAR -> Options menu -> Settings -> Tab Integration -> Icons in context menus check)

Context menu’s are different per user. Maybe you installed all applications under the Administrator account, and are now logged in into a limited user account you created. If for example in Editpad Prod the context menu settings can’t be set in the program options, log in onto your limited account, right click the installation file of Editpad Prod and choose “Run as Administrator”. After installing the application under the limited account the icons should also appear in that account!

Good luck! 🙂

This is the second install I have done. I created a normal everyday account user who is a local admin. Machine is not joined to a domain and has no extra GP’s.

I have so far installed
        Winrar – Check integration and okay
        Agent Ransack
        EditpadPro

None of there context menus showup.

I didn’t have this issue with RTM however checking the latest disc (Live Release) properties are showing up as
        Windows Server Enterprise.
        Copyright microsoft blah
        Service Pack 1.

Hmmm. Just logged in as Admin and same problem. Get the feeling its a group policy. Had a quick look but can’t see anything.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.