Display acceleration problem

Forums General Feedback Display acceleration problem

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello,

I am having a problem with this Server 2008 to Workstation modification.

My Config is, C2Q 6600 / P5N-E SLi / 4 GB DDR-II / 8400 GS (256 MB), now I have downloaded and installed all drivers (Vista x64) successfully in my OS 2k8 x64, but for some reason I am unable to have a smoth Vidual setup.

While looking for the problem I find that although the available Video RAM is 1GB (256MB + 7xxMB TC) but OS system have 0 MB of it !!!

Hence I am having problem in HD playback (VLC / WMP), windows animations rgetting stucked !!! Basically have problem with all Visual animations requireing VGA !!

Can any one help to solve the issue ??

Thank you

🙂

Arris

Hey,

I looked at my adapter and it turns out that I also have 0MB System Video Memory, but for me all graphical effects/games work fine.

This might be a little standard question, but are you sure you have the most recent version of all drivers (you can check it using Ma-Config.com / driveragent.com, see tutorial). I can’t think of an other solution at the moment, maybe something bumps up later…

Good luck!

Anonymous

Yes I have latest drivers, downloaded from nvidia.com…. In case of server 2003, we have an option called hardware acceleration which i cant find in Windows Server 2008…

and take a look at Vista running in my notebook,

I can’t think of an other solution at the moment, maybe something bumps up later…

Good luck!

In case of Server 2003 i remember I had to increase / enable video graphics hardware acceleration to get full Hardware support

So any idea what happend to that option in Win2k8 ??

Unfortunately I am facing a lot problem with any application requirering hardware acceleration !!! Even resizing explorer window is giving performance problem 😥

I have ATi 2900 PRO and the system video memory is reported as 0MB, but i dont have any problems at all nor in windows or games.The hardware acceleration is enabled by default in server 2008, thats why there is no such option.You can check in dxdiag and see if the hardware acceleration is working.

Wud be interesting where the option “shared system memory” is set by windows. I have 256 MB physical on my card. Windows shows 256 MB dedicated + 512 MB shared System. System memory shows 0. As i’am using a AGP card i set 256 MB AGP-ApertureSize in Bios. I recognized that it is not possible to fill the whole DDRAM with Data. 256 MB r complety holden free by the system, regardless how hard i punished the system. Maybe there is a way to play around with the shared system memory to gain some extra performance in games or applications or just to avoid that the system locks usefull memory.

EDIT: Found this: GraphicsMemory.doc

Anonymous

Thank you for you input…

What should I do ?? go for a re-installation ?? as I cant find any solution to solve this performance issue…

🙁 🙁

@notausgang wrote:

Wud be interesting where the option “shared system memory” is set by windows. I have 256 MB physical on my card. Windows shows 256 MB dedicated + 512 MB shared System. System memory shows 0. As i’am using a AGP card i set 256 MB AGP-ApertureSize in Bios. I recognized that it is not possible to fill the whole DDRAM with Data. 256 MB r complety holden free by the system, regardless how hard i punished the system. Maybe there is a way to play around with the shared system memory to gain some extra performance in games or applications or just to avoid that the system locks usefull memory.

EDIT: Found this: GraphicsMemory.doc

Windows calculates automatically the shared system memory, but uses it only if needed and i dont think you can change the value manually.

@Choto Cheeta wrote:

Thank you for you input…

What should I do ?? go for a re-installation ?? as I cant find any solution to solve this performance issue…

🙁 🙁

Did you checked in dxdiag?

Viewing 6 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.