DirectX

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lotusisrael

I have installed DirectX Redist. If someone installed the WS Technical Preview and no DirectX (yet), can you please check with dxdiag if you have DirectX 11 or 12? I have read that DirectX 12 is also on developement and instaling of the old DirectX 11 Redist may have replaced it with the old version.

Anonymous

Just installed the latest build of Server 2016 and it reports DirectX 12. But when I try to install the X Audio Input files I get “Access denied” — yes of course I’m running the install cmd as Administrator; but so far I haven’t needed any of these files to run games… In fact, game performance so far has exceeded Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, and Windows 8.1…

Anonymous

Like in Windows 10, installing the video driver (maybe the audio one as well) seems to revert to DirectX 11, something that is caused by some hardware performance compatibility check. This is why I have not installed video or audio drivers, to keep DirectX 12. There are some drawbacks, like when downloading iTunes 12, it recognises the video card as an old one and it sends a 32 bit version of iTunes. I need to download the right 64 bit version from Softpedia, unarchive it and install the necessary components.

Anonymous

@Lotusisrael wrote:

Like in Windows 10, installing the video driver (maybe the audio one as well) seems to revert to DirectX 11…

This hasn’t happened to me, I’ve installed and updated my NVIDIA video drivers twice (manually) and Dxidag is still reporting DirectX 12…

Anonymous

Same results here. After installing both AMD video drivers and RealTek audio drivers, DxDiag still reports DirectX 12.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.