DIRECTX 9C

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

dIRECTX 9C WILL NOT INSTALL ON WS2008

Windows 2k8, like Vista, comes with DX10, so there is no need to install DX9 on top of it. Any DX9 will work just fine with DX10.

Max

I mention it because Cyberlink DVD suite, wouldn t install complained of no Direct9c, whereas it installs fine on Vista.

I have ran into a problem I am trying to work out with Nero 7.9.6. It installed with a couple errors (I think due to DX9). Then when I went to use the DVD portion it looked for DirectDraw. Told me I needed to start DirectDraw before I could use it. When I went into DXDIAG I found it and other features were missing. I am trying to figure it out and will post when I get it working.

If someone knows how to start the features of DX please let me know. I have yet to find a way.

I just figured why DX features were not loading. I was running Win2k8 on VMware 6 and it was causing them to be shut down. It had something to do with the way VMware displays the virtual workstation. I now it loaded on a new drive and the features are working. I am getting ready to start installing programs and games.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.