Dell Docking Station Audio

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Dell Docking Station Audio

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m loving my WS2008 workstation. The only problem I’ve had is that the audio from my Dell Docking Station does not work.

I’m running WS2008 x64 Standard on a Dell Latitude 830. The docking station audio works great if you plug headphones into the laptop itself while it is docked. The docking station USB also works great with a keyboard and mouse. The only thing that is not working is the audio from the docking station headphone port. The sound list only lists a single source (the laptop speakers) and I don’t see anything in the device manager indicating that there is anything on the docking station missing drivers.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Arris

I don’t have any experience with a docking station, but I expect that if you have no driver problems, you should see the the docking station’s sound playback device if you go to Start -> Control Panel -> (Hardware and Sound ->) Sound. Also make sure that if you right click in the list of devices in the Playback tab, the Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices checks are enabled.

Thanks for the try. Unfortunately, I’ve tried all that. No matter what, the docking station does not show up as an audio source, only the laptop.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.