Creative X-Fi Elite Pro, GeForce 8600 and Sound Problem

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Creative X-Fi Elite Pro, GeForce 8600 and Sound Problem

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Hello!
      I install Windows 2008 Server R2 on my desktop and get such trouble: when I load web page in Opera or load Server Manager or any other application, which have many graphics, audio player (foobar, but other players have same problem) interrupt playback for moment (less than second).
      For video (Palit GeForce 8600 GT) I install 191.07_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_international_whql.exe, for audio – drivers from CD for Vista.
      What I can do to resolve this problem?

And also when I scroll any list, items moves slow any not beauty, like videoadapter use standart drivers, but in Device Manager all looks like normal and use NVidia drivers.

In system install 1 GB RAM.

PS If someone have plug in foo_rm-1800.dll for foober for 64 bit system – I will very happy to download it.
      And sorry for my english, it’s not my native language.

Try to import this regfile.

Anonymous

Try to import this regfile.

It doesn’t help 🙁 Any other idea?

Anonymous

It doesn’t help 🙁 Any other idea?

Arris

It’s a known issue that after installing Hyper-V your performance for audio and video will drastically decrease. If you have Hyper-V installed, remove it and experience the difference. If you don’t have Hyper-V installed I don’t know what your problem is…

Anonymous

It’s a known issue that after installing Hyper-V your performance for audio and video will drastically decrease. If you have Hyper-V installed, remove it and experience the difference. If you don’t have Hyper-V installed I don’t know what your problem is…

No, I’m don’t install Hyper-V or any other roles of server.
              But with help of DSP Latency Checker I see, that freeze in music taking place, when latency above 16000 microseconds.
              I think, it connected with video driver, but I haven’t got idea, what try to change. Please, may be somebody know solution or have ideas?

Anonymous

No, I’m don’t install Hyper-V or any other roles of server.
                But with help of DSP Latency Checker I see, that freeze in music taking place, when latency above 16000 microseconds.
                I think, it connected with video driver, but I haven’t got idea, what try to change. Please, may be somebody know solution or have ideas?

Arris

What’s the exact model of the Audio device you are using? Windows Vista drivers are possible, but it’s of course better to use Windows 7 drivers.

Anonymous

What’s the exact model of the Audio device you are using? Windows Vista drivers are possible, but it’s of course better to use Windows 7 drivers.

I apologize for the long absence.
                    I use X_Fi Elite Pro and drivers from official site SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe
                    I recently tried another sound card (integrated in my motherboard) and have saw the same thing. New drivers for the video (196.21) also does not help.

Anonymous

I apologize for the long absence.
                      I use X_Fi Elite Pro and drivers from official site SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013.exe
                      I recently tried another sound card (integrated in my motherboard) and have saw the same thing. New drivers for the video (196.21) also does not help.

It could be a latency issue within the actual OS. There is a latency issue with server OSes that can be solved by the Prevent Stuttering Sound Regfix found on the Win2008Workstation website. Try importing this into your registry and double check your audio settings, test, and review the results.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionMultimediaSystemProfile]
                      "SystemResponsiveness"=dword:00000014
                      Anonymous

It could be a latency issue within the actual OS. There is a latency issue with server OSes that can be solved by the Prevent Stuttering Sound Regfix found on the Win2008Workstation website. Try importing this into your registry and double check your audio settings, test, and review the results.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionMultimediaSystemProfile]
                        "SystemResponsiveness"=dword:00000014
                    Viewing 14 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.