Converting Windows Server 2008 to Workstation PDF

Forums General Feedback Converting Windows Server 2008 to Workstation PDF

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author

The PDF has now been updated with some additional stuff, thanks admin and all others for the additions I have put in. 😀

PDF updated 22 March 2008

Primary Download Link
      Windows 2008 Workstation.pdf (6,88MB)

Secondary Download Link (Thanks Triel!)
      Windows 2008 Workstation.zip (5,17MB)

Additions not in PDF Manual

Using Hyper-V with a Wireless Network Adapter

Out of the box Hyper-V does not support connecting virtual machines to wireless network adapters. As a primarily server focused product this is a reasonable limitation – especially given evils that we need to do to get wireless network adapters to work with virtual machines. But all is not lost – it is possible to setup an internal virtual network (as discussed yesterday) and utilize Internet Connection Sharing (as discussed here) to get you up and going.

The first thing to do is to create a new internal virtual network switch:

Open the Hyper-V Manager and select your server.
      Select Virtual Network Manager… from the action pane (on the right).
      Select New virtual network and choose to Add an Internal network.
      Give the new virtual network the name you want hit OK.
      Now to setup Internet Connection Sharing:

Open the Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
      Select Manage network connections from the list on the left.
      Locate the icon for your wireless network adapter, right click on it and select Properties.
      Change to the Sharing tab.
      Check Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.
      If you have multiple network adapters you will need to select the specific entry for the internal virtual network switch.
      Click OK.
      You can now connect virtual machines to the internal virtual network and allow them to access the Internet through your wireless network adapter.

MS Free eLeanring for Win2008

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/offerDetail.aspx?offerPriceId=127516

Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for Vista SP1

(RSAT) enables IT administrators to remotely manage roles and features in Windows Server 2008 from a computer running Windows Vista with SP1. It includes support for remote management of computers running either a Server Core installation or the full installation option of Windows Server 2008. It provides similar functionality to Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack.

Download

32bit (18Mb)

64bit (24Mb)

Arris

Nice work DAz999! This manual is great to use when installing and modding Windows Server 2008! 🙂 I added a link to this topic on the main page so everyone can find and download it! 😉

Arris

Nice work DAz999! This manual is great to use when installing and modding Windows Server 2008! 🙂 I added a link to this topic on the main page so everyone can find and download it! 😉

Anonymous

thanks, really appreciate your work. 😀

Anonymous

When i click on the PDF to download it all I see is “MediaFire”. It does not change from this and start the download.

When i click on the PDF to download it all I see is “MediaFire”. It does not change from this and start the download.

Anonymous

Null

Null

Anonymous

Null

Thank you! I got it now.

Thank you! I got it now.

Anonymous

Thank you! I got it now.

Very nice work.

Thanks a lot for the volunteer work, dedicated to the community of Win2K8 lovers.

Very nice work.

Thanks a lot for the volunteer work, dedicated to the community of Win2K8 lovers.

Anonymous

Very nice work.

Here is another mirror that is a direct compressed zip download.

Windows Server 2008 Workstation PDF

Anonymous

Sincerely thx.
                        Someone don’t know how to download the file, so I put the url below:

http://download382.mediafire.com/djz2xmwm3lyg/negwumvtwjx/Windows+2008+Workstation.pdf

Sincerely thx.

http://download382.mediafire.com/djz2xmwm3lyg/negwumvtwjx/Windows+2008+Workstation.pdf

pauljrowland
                        Keymaster

Sincerely thx.

Finally someone came up with the manual. I’m greatly appreciated. Thank you so much 🙂

Finally someone came up with the manual. I’m greatly appreciated. Thank you so much 🙂

Anonymous

Many thanx)) well done 😀 always find useful things here

Anonymous

Viewing 30 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.