Converter installer full of crapware !

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 R2 Miscellaneous Converter installer full of crapware !

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Is there a way of getting the converter without all of the crapware that the installer put into my computer? Crapware and it hijacked my browser’s home page to some crapware site. I spent a lot of time restoring from backup. I’m not a happy camper now.

THERE IS NO CRAPWARE IN THE SERVER CONVERTER SOFTWARE !
      THIS IS FALSE ACCUSATIONS !

PaulBunion did a mistake when he downloaded the Server Converter !

And then he blames this webbsite, and our softwareteam !?

READ THE EXPLANATION IN THE LAST POST: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2702&p=11974#p11974

/ADMINISTRATOR

Anonymous

@PaulBunion wrote:

Is there a way of getting the converter without all of the crapware that the installer put into my computer? Crapware and it hijacked my browser’s home page to some crapware site. I spent a lot of time restoring from backup. I’m not a happy camper now.

I am not even going to waste my time on answer you as I know what’s in the tool and there is for sure no crapware as you stated.

Anonymous

@PaulBunion wrote:

That is a seriuos accusation !

You need to provide more information.
          Where did you download the converter from ?
          Please specify exactly which “crapware” you mean.
          And which “crapware site” were your browser homepage changed to ?

Personally I havent even downloaded the converter for WS2012-R2,
          and I might never do it as I prefer to do the conversion manually,
          so I can´t say anything about it.
          But I seriously doubt that there is any “crapware” in the software.
          No one else has said anything about “crapware”, and it wasn´t released yesterday….. 😉

Anonymous

@ExpertUser wrote:

@PaulBunion wrote:

I am not even going to waste my time on answer you as I know what’s in the tool and there is for sure no crapware as you stated.

You posted while i was writing my answer.
            As you can see in my post above I have requested more information about this alleged “crapware”.
            It´s going to be very interesting to see what PaulBunion answers….

Anonymous

@hackerman1 wrote:

@ExpertUser wrote:

@PaulBunion wrote:

You posted while i was writing my answer.
              As you can see in my post above I have requested more information about this alleged “crapware”.
              It´s going to be very interesting to see what PaulBunion answers….

Thank you for taking care of this hackerman1,

N 🙂

Anonymous

All I know is that there are 2 d/l links in the OP. I downloaded the file from the first link and it installed a bunch of crapware. I restored Windows from a backup. I downloaded the file from the second link. It installed a bunch of crapware just like the first file did. I restored from backup again. Then I posted my post here. That’s all I know.

Anonymous

@PaulBunion wrote:

All I know is that there are 2 d/l links in the OP. I downloaded the file from the first link and it installed a bunch of crapware. I restored Windows from a backup. I downloaded the file from the second link. It installed a bunch of crapware just like the first file did. I restored from backup again. Then I posted my post here. That’s all I know.

Once again: “You need to provide more information.
                  And which “crapware site” were your browser homepage changed to ?”

What is “the OP” ?
                  Post the URL (address) !

Anonymous

Maybe OP = original post?
                    viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2499

Anonymous

I did a little more experimenting. Using the first link, I came to a page with 4 download buttons. I couldn’t get a clean copy of the converter there. Then I tried the second link and found that if I uncheck the box for using their downloader I get a clean copy of the converter but if I leave the box checked I get a crapware copy and the file size is about twice the size as the clean copy.

FYI.

Anonymous

@PaulBunion wrote:

I did a little more experimenting. Using the first link, I came to a page with 4 download buttons. I couldn’t get a clean copy of the converter there. Then I tried the second link and found that if I uncheck the box for using their downloader I get a clean copy of the converter but if I leave the box checked I get a crapware copy and the file size is about twice the size as the clean copy.

FYI.

I am still waiting for an answer to my questions above:

´Once again: “You need to provide more information.
                        ´

In order to clear this up I need more information from you.

Where did you find the downlink(s) ?
                        Post the URL (address) of that page !

Where did you download from ?
                        Post the link !

Your “cryptic” answers about the OP, first link, and second link is not good enough !
                        We need a straight answer.

/ADMINISTRATOR

Anonymous

The original post has two urls listed:

DOWNLOAD LINKS :

Code:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/49085405/file.html

or

Code:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/27629593

Anonymous

@PaulBunion wrote:

The original post has two urls listed:

DOWNLOAD LINKS :

Code:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/49085405/file.html

or

Code:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/27629593

I am still waiting for an answer to my questions above:

´Once again: “You need to provide more information.
                            ´

In order to clear this up I need more information from you.

Where did you download from ?
                            Post the link !

Your “cryptic” answers about the OP, first link, and second link is not good enough !

You are still talking about “The original post” !
                            Have you not read my previous post ?
                            Why can´t you give me a straight answer ?

You need to answer two questions:
                            1. Where did you find the downlink(s) ?

2. Where did you download from when you got that “crapware” ?
                            Post the link that you used !

/ADMINISTRATOR

Anonymous

If my answers are not good enough, I’m sorry. I’ve answered your questions twice. If you have trouble with the English language you could try Google Translate. Other than that, I can’t think of a clearer way to say what I’ve said twice.

Anonymous

@PaulBunion wrote:

If my answers are not good enough, I’m sorry. I’ve answered your questions twice. If you have trouble with the English language you could try Google Translate. Other than that, I can’t think of a clearer way to say what I’ve said twice.

Actually I have no problem understanding (your) english.
                                What I do not understand however is why you cannot answer two simple questions….

No, you have not answered.
                                If you do not understand that, then you obviously do not understand english !

Do you need Google Translate ? 😉
                                Here is a link: http://translate.google.com/

You have made serious accusations regarding “crapware in the installer”.
                                I have requested more information from you so this can be checked.
                                Why do you refuse to provide the requested information ?
                                Are you trying to hide something ?

This is your last chance to give a straight answer !

Where did you download from (when you got that “crapware”) ?
                                Post the link !

/ADMINISTRATOR

Anonymous

Since you PaulBunion have not answered my questions I am going to explain what happened.

You obviously downloaded from datafilehost.com

You did not unmark the box “Use our download manager and get recommended downloads” under the Downloadbutton !

When I try to download with that box marked my security alerts me about “suspicious software”….
                                  With the box unmarked I get a clean file.

I have doublechecked the downloads from datafilehost.com and zippyshare with VirusTotal, and they are both clean.

datafile: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4d544a4ad9c96f42ef2693385e5794b9a3753041eb60be1f06dd62f1c51d9679/analysis/1397743541/

zippyshare: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0973813dd031fb9d6d9852c16c7a7cddca4d117d330fd5bf9264d91ceaaaee7c/analysis/1397744169/

Note: although there 2 false positives in the results regarding zippyshare, this is not relevant in this case since you downloaded from datafilehost.com.

You did a mistake when you downloaded the Server Converter !

And then you blame this webbsite, and our softwareteam !?

Everyone can make a mistake.
                                  It is common for people to admit they have done that.
                                  It is also common to apologize to others when false accusations have been made.
                                  Decent people do that…

You have insulted not only the webbsite, but also the softwareteam…
                                  You refuse to answer two simple questions, obviously desperately trying to avoid admitting your mistake !

You have also caused extra work for me, having to “hunt” you to get an answer…

What does this tell us about you PaulBunion ? 😉

I am thinking about creating a new award on this forum: “Jerk of the year“.
                                  Any suggestion who to nominate ? 😉

A good advice for you PaulBunion and others:
                                  Always be careful whenever you download something.
                                  Do not be “triggerhappy”.
                                  It is very common nowadays for even big companies like Adobe to try and give you some “extra” software (crap) when you download from them (fx. Adobe Flash Player).
                                  Lookout for those “boxes”, they are usually prechecked (marked).

/ ADMINISTRATOR

Viewing 14 reply threads
                              • The topic ‘Converter installer full of crapware !’ is closed to new replies.