Clock is consistently out of sync

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous Clock is consistently out of sync

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I’m running win 2008 mostly for the Hyper-v capabilities where I have isolated VMs for each of my client projects. I have consistently been running into the issue that the host machine and and client vms are never in sync with the actual “internet time”. I’ve never had this issue before and was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and if there is an automated or easy work around…. other than manually updating the time. I usually have at least 2 vms running at the same time w/ 1.5 gb ram allocated to each with the host machine containing 8GB of ram.. obviously 64x.

**UPDATED** – My host machine is a ThinkPad T61

Thanks
      James

Arris

I am aware of two possibilities to synchronize the time of your pc via the commandline:

* Synchronize the time with the time of an other computer in your network:
        net.exe – net time \servername /set /yes
        * Synchronize the time with a time server
        W32tm.exe – w32tm /resync

To let it synchronize automatically every startup, create a new String Value in HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun and enter as value: cmd /c command parameters. An other possibility is to use the autoexnt.bat method.

Hope this helps you! 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.