Changing Windows default colors

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 Miscellaneous Changing Windows default colors

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone know where I can change the desktop background color and the task bar colors?

I am not interested in enabling Desktop Experience nor am I trying to get some really fancy desktop colors. My needs are rather simple, I would just like to be able to have a different color for each computer running Server 2012.

Right now when I RDP into machines all the backgrounds are the same color, so are the task bars. This makes it confusing knowing which machine is on which monitor. So changing the desktop color and task bar color would make it far easier to keep track of it all.

I went through the registry already, but everything I tried to change the background colors failed.

To be clear, all I really want to be able to do is tell each machine the color to use for the task bar, and the color for the desktop. This way each machine will have its own color pattern and make it far easier to track especially when connected to multiple RDP’s.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.