change windows edition from server to vista

Forums General General Discussion change windows edition from server to vista

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi @all,

I’m looking for a reghack in order to change the windows edition f.e. from windows server@ Enterprise to Windows Vista SP1 or something similar to it. I’m looking also for an option to change the version info form 6.0.0.0 (or similar) to the vista one. I think that a few programs which won’t install would install when the installer is looking for the propper version. Or am I wrong? I would love to install brothers in arms hell’s highway on my 64-bit server.

Someone help please.
      Thanks
      jimmi4u

install on xp, then copy the files over to 2008 server. it will probably work out of the box but you might need to copy reg entries or user profile files.

Just so you know, Vista SP1 and Server 2008 Enterprise have the same build number. 6.0.6001.18000. Vista RTM’s build number was 6.0.6000.16386. I use Server 2008 Enterprise on my laptop.

I have confirmed this works for the following games when installed in xp

Oblivion
      Portal
      Spore
      AssAssin’s creed
      Sauerbraten

Copy the files over or use them from your xp partition, then copy your game saves over to the right places…. then it’s all gooooood!

What exactly is the reason for this request of help if I may ask?

There are a lot of little things that could be the problem. Whats the actual error?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.