Can’t install Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Can’t install Broadcom WiFi and Bluetooth

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I installed Neige’s custom version of Windows Server 2008 R2. On an Alienware 18 with Broadcom 802.11ac adapter. All drivers from Dell and NVidia installed fine but not the Broadcom Wifi and Bluetooth one. It says “wrong version of Windows”…

I downloaded the BTW_6.2.1.2600_2k8r2.7z package and followed instructions: copy inf files to Windows/inf folder and tried to run setup. It still complains about the wrong version of Windows.

I ran the Inst.exe program that is in win64 folder and it seems to have installed the drivers but to no avail. I still get two devices in Device Manager that don’t have drivers for.

Does anyone have any idea why it would complain about the Windows Version ? Can I mod the inf’s ? Is there anything that I should do to make this work ?

Thanks !

Maude

Anonymous

Hi !

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried the “usual tricks” ?
        Read “How to install programs with “server-allergy”: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2463

Anonymous

I tried both tricks provided in the post above and it didn’t work. I have tried both the original driver setup and the one in BTW_6.2.1.2600_2k8r2.

The original setup from Broadcom detects Windows Vista Server and isn’t too happy about that…

I don’t know what to do because it’s the only type of connection (wireless) I have available for this laptop…

Anybody has any idea ?

Thanks !

Anonymous

@MaudeB wrote:

I tried both tricks provided in the post above and it didn’t work.

Did you try both methods together or separetely ?
            And, did you try the 3rd trick: “Extracting setup-files from an installer-package” ?
            @MaudeB wrote:

The original setup from Broadcom detects Windows Vista Server and isn’t too happy about that…

Vista ???
            Which O/S do you have, are you really using WS2008-R2 ?

Anonymous

Hi,

I’ve tried all three tricks. I’ve shot pictures of the OS version and the error message I get…

Thanks for helping !

Edit: I’m currently reinstalling and the images are hosted on Windows 7 on my laptop so they might be on and off at times…

Anonymous

Why mess with software when you can correct the problem with hardware ?

Bought a cheap USB network card and it installed right through… Didn’t even have to install drivers… The card installed itself and I got connection instantly…

Thanks for helping !

Anonymous

Well, I haven´t done much to help you.
                  And as the screenshots show you are obviously using WS2008-R2… 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.