Can’t get Aero interface or flip application thing

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Can’t get Aero interface or flip application thing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve installed desktop experience, I set themes to start automatically as a service. I changed my theme to Windows Vista. I don’t see the trasparent borders and flipping between apps doesn’t give me the rolodex style flipping. I have an nvidia 8800GT with 512 mb of ram and the latest drivers. ALl the patches for 2008 installed. I’m sure I messed up but can’t figure out what step I missed as I had this working on this same system before I reformatted.

PLease disregard this silly post – I forgot to go to windows color and appearance.

Arris

Glad you found out yourself 😉

I spoke too soon. I have the aero border interface but I don’t have the roledex flip between application interface – can you tell me what I still forgot? I can click on it down below in the task bar and it does the flippy thing but when I press alt tab it gives me a few boxes to select from – I could swear at some point alt tab would bring up the flippy thing. Maybe I was using the MS key by accident and tab and that’s why it worked but I could swear I could use alt tab to bring up the 3d flipping app.

Thanks

Arris

Windowskey + Tab is the official combination to use 3d flip. Never heard that it is also possible with alt+tab. Maybe its possible using a registry hack or something? 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.