Burn ISO image

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Burn ISO image

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

I want to burn an iso image to DVD on Windows Server 2008 R2.
      The function dialog for burning iso images (the same like in Win7) cannot find the dvd-burning-device.
      Is there a security function, which I need to turn off first?

Patrick

There is no software restriction via group policy, etc. You just need to be an Administrator to burn the ISO that’s all.

Hi
      I think there are software restrictions via the group policy. I had the same problem but i disabled the policy regarding “CD and DVD: Deny write access” and after that regular users can use the dvd-writer.
      The default setting for this policy is “Not configured” and according to its description it should allow regular users to access the DVD-writer but it didn’t work for me so I disabled it and then it work…

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi
      I think there are software restrictions via the group policy. I had the same problem but i disabled the policy regarding “CD and DVD: Deny write access” and after that regular users can use the dvd-writer.
      The default setting for this policy is “Not configured” and according to its description it should allow regular users to access the DVD-writer but it didn’t work for me so I disabled it and then it work…

Wow, it works!!!
      Arris: Please, add this cool trick to your manual!

1. Click “Start”, “Run”, type “gpedit.msc”, press Enter.
      2. Expand Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Removable Storage Access.
      3. Now open “CD and DVD: Deny write access” window click Disabled, whereafter you save the setting by clicking OK.

And you will have fully working “CD/DVD burning” feature on your standard user account!

Arris

Nice trick indeed, added it to the New User page in the Manual. 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.