bluetooth

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

have anyone tried to use bluetooth on ws2008 x64….any problems with driver?

http://www.gilkirkpatrick.com/Blog/post/Installing-the-Microsoft-Bluetooth-Stack-on-Windows-Server-2008.aspx
      http://www.tipandtrick.net/2008/how-to-enable-bluetooth-in-windows-server-2008-64bit-standard-edition/

Here are two pages with a descritption for the activation of BT.
      It worked for my USB Hama Stick (Widcomm).

On Tipandtrick is a zip file, downloading it should make things easier…

I had a problem adding a device called RFCOMM…
      windows couldnt find the file rfcomm.sys, just find it manually and copy it to the others…

This can be added to the converter easily, in my opinion.

I have an older USB bluetooth adapter, and I used the instructions at http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/uncrippling-bluetooth-in-vista-rtm/

It works great, the only drawback is I have to press F8 when booting and choose “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.” Does anyone know how to disable it permanently, so I don’t have to go through the boot menu every time?

there is a howto in the forum but it is not working for me…
      I think, its not possible

@impostor wrote:

windows couldnt find the file rfcomm.sys, just find it manually and copy it to the others…

Like you i couldnt install BTHMS_RFCOMM. Could you clarify where exactly did you copy rfcomm.sys?

EDIT:
      Never mind, i edited inf file and successfully installed RFCOMM. I’ll attach the files in case someone else needs them.

@IgorHW wrote:

EDIT:
      Never mind, i edited inf file and successfully installed RFCOMM. I’ll attach the files in case someone else needs them.

Thank you very much. Now i have a bluetooth audio device work.

Work on dell 1537, dell bluetooth 370, windows server 2008 x64 sp1

@IgorHW wrote:

@impostor wrote:

Like you i couldnt install BTHMS_RFCOMM. Could you clarify where exactly did you copy rfcomm.sys?

EDIT:

Worked fine for me here, finally manage to install the RFCOMM drivers after following the tutorial and modding the bth.inf file with the PID from my device. Using a Compal HEL80, Broadcom 2045 chipset with firmware changed to Anycom USB-250 in a WS2008 x64.

@atariguy wrote:

I have an older USB bluetooth adapter, and I used the instructions at http://www.dev-toast.com/2007/01/05/uncrippling-bluetooth-in-vista-rtm/

It works great, the only drawback is I have to press F8 when booting and choose “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.” Does anyone know how to disable it permanently, so I don’t have to go through the boot menu every time?

I really wants is to use the Anycom/WIDCOMM drivers. I tried to follow the dev-toast instructions so I could disable Microsoft Stack and use the last Anycom drivers, but I can’t find the btwusb.inf that must be edited. Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

How do you make the bluetooth visible for a Samsung Magnet cell phone? I just bought a Samsung Magnet cell phone. I was told that there was a bluetooth feature to communicate files with other cell phones such as music and photos. I can turn on the bluetooth and the bluetooth light comes on. I am not visible to myself or anyone else. Does anyone know how to make it so I am visible??

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.