Bluetooth Mouse Not Working after Windows 2008 sp2

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Bluetooth Mouse Not Working after Windows 2008 sp2

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I has earlier applied the fix as described in http://www.gilkirkpatrick.com/Blog/post/Installing-the-Microsoft-Bluetooth-Stack-on-Windows-Server-2008.aspx, but now the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator shows a “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” in the Device Status in Device Manager.

My bluetooth mouse now does not work with Windows 2008, I booted the laptop in Ubuntu 9.04 and the mouse still worked there, the battery is not dead.

Any help would be appreciated. I imagine that sp2 had something to do with this. Maybe it is becuase the driver is not signed and sp2 does something about this.

Regards,
      greenaj

Arris

I don’t have bluetooth so I can’t test anything with it. You can try to use the files and instructions at http://komeil.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!11E09A8750032F2C!471.entry (also mentioned at the win2008workstation.com main page) where you don’t have to edit the .inf files manually.

Hope this works for you!

@greenaj wrote:

I has earlier applied the fix as described in http://www.gilkirkpatrick.com/Blog/post/Installing-the-Microsoft-Bluetooth-Stack-on-Windows-Server-2008.aspx, but now the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator shows a “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” in the Device Status in Device Manager.

My bluetooth mouse now does not work with Windows 2008, I booted the laptop in Ubuntu 9.04 and the mouse still worked there, the battery is not dead.

Any help would be appreciated. I imagine that sp2 had something to do with this. Maybe it is becuase the driver is not signed and sp2 does something about this.

Regards,
        greenaj

I had this same error, but since I just installed SP2 with a new HDD was wondering if it was something with this fresh install or something else. Before, with SP1, I could use the specific driver for my VID/PID Bluetooth device without problems, but now I have to use it as Generic Bluetooth Adapter so Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator and RFCOMM works. So until a fix you can do like this, uninstalling the driver, deleting it, and updating it with the drivers from the tutorial you quoted or from the other one suggested above. If it installs the specific driver for your bluetooth device you can choose the generic one manually.

Another thing is that now I can’t just disable bluetooth right clicking on it’s icon on tray, I have to go over Device Manager to do it since my radio management software doesn’t work in WS2008.

If you have any news please let me know!

Hi guys, the solution from acsterf worked for my devices with problem.

Now, when I double-click on my cell phone icon (samsung omnia) the program “btwuiext” crash and I still can’t use PAN Networking.

Does anyone have solution for at least the PAN networking?

Thanks,
        Cris

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.