Bluetooth devices

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Despite the fact that Microsoft officially says bluetooth is NOT supported in 2016, it does seem to work partially out of the box.

I was able to install an Asus BT-400 USB adapter (Broadcom, I think). The Bluetooth service activates and I am able to pair devices.

With a paired Android phone: I can transfer files.
      With a hands-free / A2DP headphone device: No functionality – no audio output device.

Any idea how to improve the functionality? Would really like to get Bluetooth audio devices working.

Anonymous

@derek_k wrote:

Despite the fact that Microsoft officially says bluetooth is NOT supported in 2016, it does seem to work partially out of the box.

I was able to install an Asus BT-400 USB adapter (Broadcom, I think). The Bluetooth service activates and I am able to pair devices. Yahoo mail login

With a paired Android phone: I can transfer files.
        With a hands-free / A2DP headphone device: No functionality – no audio output device.

Any idea how to improve the functionality? Would really like to get Bluetooth audio devices working.

It does seem to work partially out of the box

Anonymous

I have the same problem with an Intel mini-PCIe Wi-Fi/Bluetooth combo (AC 8265)

I tried a lot of different drivers from Intel, but it seems to lacks a lot of specific Microsoft drivers for bluetooth protocols (like audio or hands-free)

I wonder if anything could be extracted from a Windows 10 iso to make it work for Windows server 2016 ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.