Blue Screen with NVidia Quadro FX 2800M

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Blue Screen with NVidia Quadro FX 2800M

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I have a new Dell Precision Workstation M6500 with an NVidia Quadro FX 2800M. I’ve installed and converted Win 2008 R2. After installing the Windows 7 X64 graphics drivers from NVidia, I experience a blue screen upon rebooting, indicating a problem with NVLDDMKM.sys.

I’ve tried nearly everything – installing older drivers, using the modified drivers from LaptopVideoToGo, and scouring Google.

I’m looking for any other suggestions you can offer. Thanks for your help!

Steven

I had the same problem with my GeForce 310 Dual-DVI card.

My plan:
      Install WS08R2, convert to workstation, install gfx drivers to get proper resolution and boths screens running, install Hyper-V and set up a few virtual machines.

The problem:
      There seems to be some incompatibilty between the Intel Core i5 CPU, the nVidia graphics card and the adding of the Hyper-V role in Windows Server 2008 R2.

The solution:
      1. Boot into safe mode
      2. Deinstall the nVidia driver
      3. Reboot and let the Hyper-V role installation finish
      4. Download and install Service Pack 1 RC for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 from Microsoft.
      5. Reinstall the nVidia driver

I now have everything running as it should. The only setback is that the latest driver (260.99 at the time of writing) doesn’t work properly with my card and halts the boot midway and leaves me with a black screen. Installing an older driver solved it; now I’m running 197.57 and have no problems. The driver is old and sort-of beta, but works fine.

Anonymous

I had the same problem with my GeForce 310 Dual-DVI card.

My plan:
        Install WS08R2, convert to workstation, install gfx drivers to get proper resolution and boths screens running, install Hyper-V and set up a few virtual machines.

The problem:
        There seems to be some incompatibilty between the Intel Core i5 CPU, the nVidia graphics card and the adding of the Hyper-V role in Windows Server 2008 R2.

The solution:
        1. Boot into safe mode
        2. Deinstall the nVidia driver
        3. Reboot and let the Hyper-V role installation finish
        4. Download and install Service Pack 1 RC for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 from Microsoft.
        5. Reinstall the nVidia driver

I now have everything running as it should. The only setback is that the latest driver (260.99 at the time of writing) doesn’t work properly with my card and halts the boot midway and leaves me with a black screen. Installing an older driver solved it; now I’m running 197.57 and have no problems. The driver is old and sort-of beta, but works fine.

i have 880m fx dont have any problem

i just install the driver for windows 7 x64
        from lenovo website

and then update it from nvdia website

Anonymous

i have 880m fx dont have any problem

i just install the driver for windows 7 x64
          from lenovo website

and then update it from nvdia website

What driver version are you using? I was able to fix the ‘nvlddmkm.sys’ blue screen by updating the graphics driver.

Anonymous

What driver version are you using? I was able to fix the ‘nvlddmkm.sys’ blue screen by updating the graphics driver.

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.