Black Mouse Cursor in Windows Server 2008 R2 solved!

Forums General Feedback Black Mouse Cursor in Windows Server 2008 R2 solved!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

We currently are using the Wyse S50 Linux version thin client. It uses RDESKTOP 1.6 for connecting using RDP. We had issues with the black mouse cursor when logging in with all of our users on this model of thin client. Our main application has a black background so we needed a way to fix this issue. We were in contact with Wyse to help us resolve this issue. By the way, Wyse tech support was not the best… very slow responding back to us between emails and phone calls. So Wyse told us the only solution was to upgrade the S50’s to Windows CE 5 or CE 6. This would have cost us roughly $100-$150 USD for each thin client to upgrade the hardware and license. So I decided to install a Windows 7 VM and check to see if the issue happened on it. When it didn’t I was like, what in the world! So I checked and noticed that Windows Aero was loading by default as the mouse scheme. I was looking for a way to import these into Windows Server 2008 R2 because we have a lot of users that connect using Remote Desktop Services. I came across your nice post about importing the Aero themed mouse pointers into Windows Server 2008 R2 and also the awesome little script that set those cursors as the default. You saved us about $1500-$2000 USD in upgrades with this solution. Thanks and enjoy the donation!

Arris

Wow, that’s great to hear! 😀 I was really astonished by your donation! 😯 I’m very glad it helped you save such a large amount of money and your donation helped me pay my hosting for about 3 years at once! 😆

If you have any questions, I will be glad to help you! 🙂

Thanks!

Arris

Anonymous

Wow, that’s great to hear! 😀 I was really astonished by your donation! 😯 I’m very glad it helped you save such a large amount of money and your donation helped me pay my hosting for about 3 years at once! 😆

If you have any questions, I will be glad to help you! 🙂

Thanks!

Arris

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.