› Forums › Operating Systems › Windows Server 2008 › Hardware Compatibility (New) › BenQ S2W 4300u Scanner
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 14 years, 5 months ago by Arris.
- 29th September 2008 at 17:31 #43377
Okay, now how to I go about getting my BenQ S2W 4300u scanner working? I can’t find anything other than XP drivers.
- 1st October 2008 at 00:30 #47254
So I turned on the WIA service… I got the driver for XP installed… Yet PS CS3 cannot use the scanner… Need some help now guys.
- 4th October 2008 at 11:22 #47255ArrisModerator
Can’t you use the scanner because you are using the Windows 5.0 (XP) driver in a Windows 6.0 (Vista/2008) Operating System or is it because you are using Windows Server 2008? (In other words: the XP driver you are now using works fine in Vista?).
- 7th October 2008 at 23:14 #47256
Sorry, all I meant was that I cannot find a Vista driver, and the XP driver doesn’t seem to work…
- 8th October 2008 at 15:45 #47257ArrisModerator
If you search google for the Vista driver of this hardware, the only thing you find is requests for it. Even on the manufacturers driver page the newest driver is for Windows XP.
I think this leaves you to three possibilities:
1. Install VMWare Workstation (Maybe the free VMWare Player also works?), add a USB Controller to the virtual hardware (is added by default), connect the scanner and install the Windows XP driver.
2. Install Windows XP beside Windows Server 2008 or use an other (XP) PC to scan;
3. Buy a new scanner.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.