Authui.dll Edits

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Authui.dll Edits

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I was able to easily hide various elements on the lock/login screen in Windows 7 RTM. I can easily hide the branding here in 2k8 r2, however, edits I make to authui.dll (both in system32 and syswow64) are not working to remove elements like the accessibility controls. Also, I thought the gpedit stuff to hide the shutdown options from the login screen also removed them from the lock screen.

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Hide entry points for Fast User Switching

Purpose: When set to enabled, disables the switch user button functionality.

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options > *

Purpose: When set to enabled these policies disable the change password, task manager, logoff button, and lock computer button functionality. Enabling “remove task manager” will also render the taskmgr.exe process disabled as well, not just the button.

User Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

Purpose: When set to disable disables the shutdown button functionality in logon UI (CTRL+ALT+DELETE, task bar, etc)

I just renamed utilman.exe to utilman.bak to disable the “Ease of Access” button on the Logon UI.
      As far as the ease of access and shutdown options buttons they still remain on the screen but their functionality is disabled.

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Hide entry points for Fast User Switching

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Ctrl+Alt+Delete Options > *

Purpose: When set to enabled these policies disable the change password, task manager, logoff button, and lock computer button functionality. Enabling “remove task manager” will also render the taskmgr.exe process disabled as well, not just the button.

User Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on

Purpose: When set to disable disables the shutdown button functionality in logon UI (CTRL+ALT+DELETE, task bar, etc)

I just renamed utilman.exe to utilman.bak to disable the “Ease of Access” button on the Logon UI.
      As far as the ease of access and shutdown options buttons they still remain on the screen but their functionality is disabled.

Anonymous

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.