ATI Catalyst 10.8 & 10.9 issue on 2008 R2

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility ATI Catalyst 10.8 & 10.9 issue on 2008 R2

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author

I cannot get Catalyst 10.8 and 10.9 to work on Windows Server 2008 R2. Revert to 10.7 for the display driver to work, although the ccc incompatibility message after each booting.

Anybody encounters the same issue with Catalyst 10.8 and 10.9?

My card is Radeon HD 3650.

Thanks.

I too am having this problem. I think I can get the drivers to install. Double click on the driver executable you download from AMD so it extracts. remember the folder it goes to. Then go to Device Manager->Display Adapters->(card name)->driver tab->update driver->browse my computer. Browse to the folder the drivers extracted to and hit next. This seems to install the drivers, but CCC doesn’t work. I’m still trying to figure that out…. Hope this helps in some way, might be a little confusing, lol.

Anonymous

I too am having this problem. I think I can get the drivers to install. Double click on the driver executable you download from AMD so it extracts. remember the folder it goes to. Then go to Device Manager->Display Adapters->(card name)->driver tab->update driver->browse my computer. Browse to the folder the drivers extracted to and hit next. This seems to install the drivers, but CCC doesn’t work. I’m still trying to figure that out…. Hope this helps in some way, might be a little confusing, lol.

Seems that AMD is doing something against Server 2008 / R2:
        http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=139666&enterthread=y

Anonymous

Seems that AMD is doing something against Server 2008 / R2:
          http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=139666&enterthread=y

Update:
          I got CCC working too. It seems like you have to manually install everything. The files for installing CCC and its assorted utilities is in (for me) C:ATISupport10-9_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enuPackagesApps, which is the directory the installer extracted the files to. I haven’t had a chance to test the (hopefully) new drivers with any games, but the Stalker: Call of Pripyat benchmark ran fine, so I don’t think I screwed things up too bad. Nothing has blown up in my face so far, but try my method at your own risk. I hope this helps…

Also, I’m a little disappointed that AMD broke driver compatibility. I hope they come around and fix it.

Anonymous

Update:
            I got CCC working too. It seems like you have to manually install everything. The files for installing CCC and its assorted utilities is in (for me) C:ATISupport10-9_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_enuPackagesApps, which is the directory the installer extracted the files to. I haven’t had a chance to test the (hopefully) new drivers with any games, but the Stalker: Call of Pripyat benchmark ran fine, so I don’t think I screwed things up too bad. Nothing has blown up in my face so far, but try my method at your own risk. I hope this helps…

Also, I’m a little disappointed that AMD broke driver compatibility. I hope they come around and fix it.

Hi
            Here is a workaround that is working. The procedure is taken from the following topic:http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5786#p5786

Download and extract the latest ATI Catalyst suit.
            Open WinDdg as admin, select Open Executable, select InstallManagerApp.exe in the Bin64 folder, say no to the question about saving workspace.
            Write this into the command line and hit enter: bp ntdll!RtlGetNtProductType “as /x ReturnValue rcx; gu; ed ReturnValue 1; g”
            Write g on the command line and hit enter to resume the installer.
            The installer will start – focus it’s window and click Next.
            Go back to WinDbg. Hit Ctrl-Break. Type the command bc * to remove the breakpoint and after that g to resume the setup. Finish installing. Done.

Reboot, then you will have the issue with manual update the dispaly driver…

Hope it will work for you as well!

Anonymous

Hi
              Here is a workaround that is working. The procedure is taken from the following topic:http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5786#p5786

Open WinDdg as admin, select Open Executable, select InstallManagerApp.exe in the Bin64 folder, say no to the question about saving workspace.
              Write this into the command line and hit enter: bp ntdll!RtlGetNtProductType “as /x ReturnValue rcx; gu; ed ReturnValue 1; g”
              Go back to WinDbg. Hit Ctrl-Break. Type the command bc * to remove the breakpoint and after that g to resume the setup. Finish installing. Done.

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi

lol, this trick actually works. Complicated but works.

deltatux

Anonymous

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi

lol, this trick actually works. Complicated but works.

deltatux

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi

I’ve tried this workaround but in the list of the apps to install I only see Catalyst Installation Manager. If I try with 10.7 it installs all. Any help?

Anonymous

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi

I’ve tried this workaround but in the list of the apps to install I only see Catalyst Installation Manager. If I try with 10.7 it installs all. Any help?

Bump!?

Anonymous

Bump!?

@Boing7898 wrote:

I have the same issue. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous

@Boing7898 wrote:

I have the same issue. What am I doing wrong?

Hi
                      Here is an updated instruction….

The installer will start – focus it’s window and finish the installation.

Done!

Anonymous

Hi

Done!

Thats the fix that you already posted, and I’ve already tried it

Anonymous

Thats the fix that you already posted, and I’ve already tried it

I have tried the original solution on the 10.10 release and it wasn’t successful as you reported. But with the updated description, i.e. let WinDbg be active during the entire installation, it worked, at least for me…

Anonymous

I have tried the original solution on the 10.10 release and it wasn’t successful as you reported. But with the updated description, i.e. let WinDbg be active during the entire installation, it worked, at least for me…

=3 Love you!! The other fix worked!
                            What you mean with Install manually the display drivers?

Anonymous

=3 Love you!! The other fix worked!
                              What you mean with Install manually the display drivers?

for my Install the new ATI Catalyst 10.10 x64 solved the Issue 😀

I ´ve just downloaded & installed it (first try: automatic install -> works)

Anonymous

for my Install the new ATI Catalyst 10.10 x64 solved the Issue 😀

I ´ve just downloaded & installed it (first try: automatic install -> works)

I have been getting this problem since 9.3 still on server 2008 x64
                                I finally found a solution a couple of months ago i thougt i share it with you guy’s.
                                De-install the catalyst suite and then remove the gfx card’s in device manager with the option to remove the driver to.
                                Reboot and clean the registry and clean out any left over folder’s
                                Reboot.
                                I am not sure if this is all needed but i always do that for a driver update
                                Install the new catalyst driver.
                                Reboot and get that nice message that the driver is not working.
                                Go to device manager and remove the gfx card’s but don’t thick the remove driver option.
                                Then re detect / search for new hardware.
                                the cards are found and installed properly.
                                Now you just need to restart the ccc runtime or reboot your pc which ever you like better.
                                I always reboot for good measure.

Anonymous

I have been getting this problem since 9.3 still on server 2008 x64
                                  I finally found a solution a couple of months ago i thougt i share it with you guy’s.
                                  De-install the catalyst suite and then remove the gfx card’s in device manager with the option to remove the driver to.
                                  Reboot and clean the registry and clean out any left over folder’s
                                  Reboot.
                                  I am not sure if this is all needed but i always do that for a driver update
                                  Install the new catalyst driver.
                                  Reboot and get that nice message that the driver is not working.
                                  Go to device manager and remove the gfx card’s but don’t thick the remove driver option.
                                  Then re detect / search for new hardware.
                                  the cards are found and installed properly.
                                  Now you just need to restart the ccc runtime or reboot your pc which ever you like better.
                                  I always reboot for good measure.

144Floppy method work for me with 10.12. Thank you!

Anonymous

144Floppy method work for me with 10.12. Thank you!

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi

Done!

Reboot, then you will have the issue with manual update the dispaly driver

Ok, I have managed to do everything else but what does this mean? my graphics card does not show in the device manager list, under display adapters, i have only standard vga adapter listed which a believe is the default one on the motherboard.

is this normal? should i give up with this ati card and go for a nvidia? 😕

thanks.

Anonymous

@144Floppy wrote:

Hi

Done!

Reboot, then you will have the issue with manual update the dispaly driver

Ok, I have managed to do everything else but what does this mean? my graphics card does not show in the device manager list, under display adapters, i have only standard vga adapter listed which a believe is the default one on the motherboard.

is this normal? should i give up with this ati card and go for a nvidia? 😕

thanks.

“…then you will have the issue with manual update the dispaly driver…”

It is the issue described in the following topic http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1339&p=7103

Do you have the same problem or is it something else?

Anonymous

“…then you will have the issue with manual update the dispaly driver…”

It is the issue described in the following topic http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1339&p=7103

Do you have the same problem or is it something else?

hi floppy

well my problem is that my ati radeon hd 5450 is not in the device manager list under display adapters at all, its like its not plugged in, although it is of course (its fan spins) and i have removed it and reinserted it.

when i followed your instructions, i got to the end, rebooted when it said, and then nothing nothing was installed, and nothing happened and the device is still not listed in the manager

i really do want to keep this card but its starting to look unlikely 😐

Anonymous

hi floppy

well my problem is that my ati radeon hd 5450 is not in the device manager list under display adapters at all, its like its not plugged in, although it is of course (its fan spins) and i have removed it and reinserted it.

when i followed your instructions, i got to the end, rebooted when it said, and then nothing nothing was installed, and nothing happened and the device is still not listed in the manager

i really do want to keep this card but its starting to look unlikely 😐

Hi!
                                          Sorry for the late respond…

Any success with your card???

If no, have you disabled the onboard, i.e. motherboard, graphics in BIOS?

If you start the ati installer once more select the “custom” option then the installer will show you which components it will install. Is the display driver included their??

I have attached a screen dump from my installation of ATI Catalyst 10.10 so you can see which components it is supposed to install.

Good luck!!!

Anonymous

Hi!
                                            Sorry for the late respond…

Any success with your card???

If no, have you disabled the onboard, i.e. motherboard, graphics in BIOS?

If you start the ati installer once more select the “custom” option then the installer will show you which components it will install. Is the display driver included their??

I have attached a screen dump from my installation of ATI Catalyst 10.10 so you can see which components it is supposed to install.

Good luck!!!

Alright thanks for that. I have roped in some help from a friend that has a much better understanding then me. should have it fixed soon.

i think the problem may be with the pcie card slots not being enabled or something like that.

Anonymous

Alright thanks for that. I have roped in some help from a friend that has a much better understanding then me. should have it fixed soon.

i think the problem may be with the pcie card slots not being enabled or something like that.

Please, let me know if you are succesful.

Anonymous

Please, let me know if you are succesful.

well I have had no luck with the card. A friend had a nvidia card spare so i swapped it for that, plugged my monitor in, fired the computer up and the card worked perfectly. It disabled the on-board card automatically, downloaded and installed the driver for it so could change its setting and it works perfectly!

Anonymous

well I have had no luck with the card. A friend had a nvidia card spare so i swapped it for that, plugged my monitor in, fired the computer up and the card worked perfectly. It disabled the on-board card automatically, downloaded and installed the driver for it so could change its setting and it works perfectly!

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.