Are these features in Win2k8 R2 Server?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Are these features in Win2k8 R2 Server?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Are any/all of these features that are in Windows 7 in Windows Server 2008 R2?

-Device Stage
      -HomeGroup (saw this in a comment)
      -Mobility Center
      -Action Center (I’d assume so)
      -BitLocker (to go)

From my guess I don’t think device stage would becuase its a consumer level feature that server admins would not use becuase it is mostly geared towards cellphone/mediaplayer users and would contain functions of those devices. Now It could be possible officially on the server OS becuase if a server admin plugged in a pen drive it would have options for bitlocker keys, security keys, backup/restore functions, profile management, etc.

sticking in an external hard drive would have a scren with backup/restore options, migration, etc.

a cellphone might have different options to server operators by having links to installation of remote management tools for cellphones, power events, etc… it might also be used for authentication one day…

I think device stage needs to be pulled in for server in its own way becuase that would make server admin tasks easier and more effeicent.

It has alot of possibilities. I would encourage MS to do this and put it to practice!

Anonymous

From my guess I don’t think device stage would becuase its a consumer level feature that server admins would not use becuase it is mostly geared towards cellphone/mediaplayer users and would contain functions of those devices. Now It could be possible officially on the server OS becuase if a server admin plugged in a pen drive it would have options for bitlocker keys, security keys, backup/restore functions, profile management, etc.

sticking in an external hard drive would have a scren with backup/restore options, migration, etc.

a cellphone might have different options to server operators by having links to installation of remote management tools for cellphones, power events, etc… it might also be used for authentication one day…

I think device stage needs to be pulled in for server in its own way becuase that would make server admin tasks easier and more effeicent.

It has alot of possibilities. I would encourage MS to do this and put it to practice!

@RemixedCat wrote:

There’s always Service Pack 1 if it is not already incorporated 😉 Or is SP0 first (if that exists)?

What is Windows Server 2008 R2’s build string anyways? Windows 7 is 7600.16399.win7_gdr.090722-1835.

Anonymous

@RemixedCat wrote:

There’s always Service Pack 1 if it is not already incorporated 😉 Or is SP0 first (if that exists)?

What is Windows Server 2008 R2’s build string anyways? Windows 7 is 7600.16399.win7_gdr.090722-1835.

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.