Apps open much faster on Windows 8.1

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 R2 Applications Compatibility Apps open much faster on Windows 8.1

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Yesterday I installed an evaluation version of Windows 8.1 in order to compare it to Server 2012 R2.
      Interestingly apps launch much faster and the overall performance seems to be much better than WS2012 R2…
      I wonder if this is due to the missing (or not working) superfetch service….

Is there (already) a way to get superfetch working on WS2012R2?

Anonymous

Hi !

There is some info here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1924

Anonymous

Oh well, I give up…
          I had one version of this MSC Tool installed but couldn’t find any option to install superfetch.
          So I installed the (probably…) newest version of it, now none of them even opens…

I really give up on this “server to workstation” ordeal.
          Microsoft has finally managed to make server OSs (used as workstation OS) as unattractive as possible, nowadays there is no real advantage to workstation OS.
          Back then Windows Server 2003 had the advantage of being able to access more than just 3,x GB of RAM but with all the features of XP (that’s why I still use it as an everyday OS) but that’s no longer the case with newer operating systems.

Anonymous

I don’t have that problem once I adjust for best performance.

http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/tag/background-services/

Anonymous

@NoNameNeeded wrote:

Yesterday I installed an evaluation version of Windows 8.1 in order to compare it to Server 2012 R2.
              Interestingly apps launch much faster and the overall performance seems to be much better than WS2012 R2…
              I wonder if this is due to the missing (or not working) superfetch service….

Is there (already) a way to get superfetch working on WS2012R2?

Why don’t you ask Microsoft why Superfetch service is not working on Server 2012 R2 instead of criticizing other people’s work ?

Damn this is really the most ridiculous and non constructive attitude I have ever seen around on this forum.

Anonymous

I didn’t criticize anybody here and also didn’t mean to.

Nor do I think this is ridiculous.
                It’s a fact that the server versions of Windows move further away from their client counterparts with every new version.

Anonymous

@NoNameNeeded wrote:

I didn’t criticize anybody here and also didn’t mean to.

Nor do I think this is ridiculous.
                  It’s a fact that the server versions of Windows move further away from their client counterparts with every new version.

Well compare to previous server versions, I will say that 2002 R2 is much better and faster in every way.

Viewing 6 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.