Apple Magic Mouse

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Yes yes I know its not a great mouse but all my other hardware is Apple and I want to get this working. I have it working under Bluetooth but only have left and right click and nothing else. I have a driver that installs in Windows 7 but doesn’t allow install under Server 2008 R2. I’ve tried compatibility mode but no go, any ideas how I fool it that I am on Windows 7?

Cheers!

If you can, extract the actual driver files, or copy them from the temporary directory, and install the driver manually.

Anonymous

If you can, extract the actual driver files, or copy them from the temporary directory, and install the driver manually.

Thanks, have tried that but it says the driver is not 64 bit compatible oddly but its definitely the 64 bit versions.

Anonymous

Thanks, have tried that but it says the driver is not 64 bit compatible oddly but its definitely the 64 bit versions.

Hmm, odd. Did you have a look at the INF file(s)? There may be a small line you can remove or change to stop it checking compatibility.

Anonymous

Hmm, odd. Did you have a look at the INF file(s)? There may be a small line you can remove or change to stop it checking compatibility.

Here’s the inf – any ideas? Appreciate any help with this.

Anonymous

Here’s the inf – any ideas? Appreciate any help with this.

I’m no expert, but I think this line is preventing the install on a Server OS:

[Version]
              Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

Perhaps you could change that to “$SERVER NT$” instead of “$WINDOWS NT$”, but I do not know if that will help.

Anonymous

I’m no expert, but I think this line is preventing the install on a Server OS:

[Version]
                Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

Perhaps you could change that to “$SERVER NT$” instead of “$WINDOWS NT$”, but I do not know if that will help.

OK, The driver you have is just for windows under bootcamp, not most versions of windows.

However, some clever folks made a working driver for normal versions of windows, available here: http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2009/11/14588/

Anonymous

OK, The driver you have is just for windows under bootcamp, not most versions of windows.

However, some clever folks made a working driver for normal versions of windows, available here: http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2009/11/14588/

Yep, thats the one I am trying to use… Installs fine in Windows 7 but not 2008 R2.

Anonymous

Yep, thats the one I am trying to use… Installs fine in Windows 7 but not 2008 R2.

Hmm.

In device manager/add new hardware wizard, can you choose look for files, and browse to the extracted folder? Bypassing the need to use the setup executable.

Also, what happened when you tried with compatibility mode?

Otherwise, I would suggest manually copying the files and adding the registry entries as described in the INF.

Anonymous

Hmm.

In device manager/add new hardware wizard, can you choose look for files, and browse to the extracted folder? Bypassing the need to use the setup executable.

Also, what happened when you tried with compatibility mode?

Otherwise, I would suggest manually copying the files and adding the registry entries as described in the INF.

Tried everything apart from your last point, perhaps I will look at the registry entries.

Anonymous

Tried everything apart from your last point, perhaps I will look at the registry entries.

Viewing 18 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.