Anyone get Windows 7 Sticky Notes working?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility Anyone get Windows 7 Sticky Notes working?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

1. Copy the following files to a directory on Windows Server 2008 R2 (for example %ProgramFiles%Sticky Notes):

• %SystemRoot%System32StikyNot.exe
      • %SystemRoot%System32en-USStikyNot.exe.mui

2. Download this zip-file (thanks to MsftGuy) and extract slcx64slc.dll to %ProgramFiles%Sticky Notes too.
      3. Run StikyNot.exe and enjoy! 😉

Arris

1. Copy the following files to a directory on Windows Server 2008 R2 (for example %ProgramFiles%Sticky Notes):

• %SystemRoot%System32StikyNot.exe
      • %SystemRoot%System32en-USStikyNot.exe.mui

2. Download this zip-file (thanks to MsftGuy) and extract slcx64slc.dll to %ProgramFiles%Sticky Notes too.
      3. Run StikyNot.exe and enjoy! 😉

Arris

Thanks!! Now it runs but not correctly. I can create notes but I can’t delete them. They just keep piling up.

Thanks!! Now it runs but not correctly. I can create notes but I can’t delete them. They just keep piling up.

@CoalMiner wrote:

Are you sure you made the subfolder en-US and you have put the .exe.mui file in there? The file may not be in the same directory as the .exe file.

@CoalMiner wrote:

Are you sure you made the subfolder en-US and you have put the .exe.mui file in there? The file may not be in the same directory as the .exe file.

DOH! That fixed it

thx

DOH! That fixed it

thx

Hello,
      I made an installer, which installs full Windows 7 Sticky Notes feature, including Start Menu shortcut and support for non-english translation (if you copy *.mui files from win 7, the start menu shortcut and sticky notes app will be translated)…
      [attachment=0:2h7l03uk]sticky_notes.7z[/attachment:2h7l03uk]
      Enjoy! 😉

Hello,
      I made an installer, which installs full Windows 7 Sticky Notes feature, including Start Menu shortcut and support for non-english translation (if you copy *.mui files from win 7, the start menu shortcut and sticky notes app will be translated)…
      [attachment=0:2h7l03uk]sticky_notes.7z[/attachment:2h7l03uk]
      Enjoy! 😉

The installer works great. Thanks, AsciiWolf!

The installer works great. Thanks, AsciiWolf!

Yeah, nice job again, AsciiWolf! 🙂 Added it to the manual. 😉

Yeah, nice job again, AsciiWolf! 🙂 Added it to the manual. 😉

how could i down load

how could i down load

I tried copying the exe from a Win 7 pc but it didn’t work.

Anyone else try this?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.