AMD Video Drivers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello forum, it’s been a while since I modded AMD Catalyst to get it work on Server 2008 R2. Right now I’m trying to figure out how to mod one for Windows Server 2016. It’s in .msi editting with Orca. The problem is I don’t know the right name for Windows Server 2016. What I’m talking about is this:

WIN_2008_R2 ; it’s windows server 2008 r2
      WIN_WIN8_SRV ; windows server 2012
      WIN_WT_64 ; windows 10

?????????? ; windows server 2016, need to fill in the right name

The driver I’m trying to mod works perfectly well on windows 10, but I can’t at all install it on Server 2016, which makes my server desktop useless. 🙁

Anonymous

I assume by now you’ve found the problem with your system?

The correct AMD drivers to use are the Windows 10 x64 drivers.
        They need no modification to install and install perfectly.

You should however verify in the registry that for every GUID under HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlVideo{GUID}000X, check DeviceDescription.
        Skip entries like “Standard VGA Graphics Adapter”, “RDP Reflector Display Driver” and so on, and locate “AMD Radeon HD ???? Series”.
        Then change “Acceleration.Level” from “4” to “0”

For every GUID under HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlVideo{GUID}000XSettings, check DeviceDescription.
        Skip entries like “Standard VGA Graphics Adapter”, “RDP Reflector Display Driver” and so on, and locate “AMD Radeon HD ???? Series”.
        Then change “Acceleration.Level” from “4” to “0” (if not already 0)
        Then REBOOT

BTW – a level of “5” is disabled and “0” is full acceleration and you should at least check this after every driver update.
        I’ve had some drivers change this setting and some have not.
        Checking takes very little time.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.