AMD Overdrive v3.1

• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

So AMD Overdrive v3.1 won’t let me install on win2008R2 it says that the software is not compatable. I extracted the file with 7z but I didn’t find an msi to work with… bummer

Is there another way to get over the you can’t install this on a server error? Has anyone else done this?

I dont have AMD, either ATI, but i downloaded it:
      http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx

Tried to install, seems theres an “error” indeed, or lets say this – software is dependable on OSes, which were included by the manufacturer(developer). But i found a solution for installing it. Go Properties, then Compability Mode -> and choose WIn XP or Win Vista. And woula ^_^

Anonymous

I dont have AMD, either ATI, but i downloaded it:
        http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_overdrive.aspx

Tried to install, seems theres an “error” indeed, or lets say this – software is dependable on OSes, which were included by the manufacturer(developer). But i found a solution for installing it. Go Properties, then Compability Mode -> and choose WIn XP or Win Vista. And woula ^_^

WARNING ABOUT USING ANY OVERCLOCKING UTILITIES:

DO NOT USE ANY OF THOSE UTITLIES ON DELL COMPUTER SYSTEMS BECUASE OF BIOS LOCKDOWNS. VOLTAGES AND FREQUENCIES MAY BE INNACRUATLY REPORTED AS OVERCLOCKED!!!! ALSO USING THIS MAY CAUSE OVERHEATING.

Anonymous

WARNING ABOUT USING ANY OVERCLOCKING UTILITIES:

DO NOT USE ANY OF THOSE UTITLIES ON DELL COMPUTER SYSTEMS BECUASE OF BIOS LOCKDOWNS. VOLTAGES AND FREQUENCIES MAY BE INNACRUATLY REPORTED AS OVERCLOCKED!!!! ALSO USING THIS MAY CAUSE OVERHEATING.

So I did the compatibility thing and it works if you set the compatibility for all users to vista and allow administer privileges, the utillity starts to install and then it comes up with an error that write permission is not granted on this particular folder called:
          C:Windowswinsxsx86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8

I tried to remove the read only property of this folder and it wouldn’t allow me. It said that I couldn’t so I looked and it says that I have to be a TrustedInstaller to be able to change permissions for the folder. Does anyone know how to become a TrustedInstaller?

I googled it and in my short time searching it seems that programs and programmers are considered TrustedInstaller, but can’t I be one too..

This system was over clocked before…it can handle it but just maybe not under the windows 2008 r2 OS…

Anonymous

So I did the compatibility thing and it works if you set the compatibility for all users to vista and allow administer privileges, the utillity starts to install and then it comes up with an error that write permission is not granted on this particular folder called:
            C:Windowswinsxsx86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_none_10b2f55f9bffb8f8

I tried to remove the read only property of this folder and it wouldn’t allow me. It said that I couldn’t so I looked and it says that I have to be a TrustedInstaller to be able to change permissions for the folder. Does anyone know how to become a TrustedInstaller?

I googled it and in my short time searching it seems that programs and programmers are considered TrustedInstaller, but can’t I be one too..

This system was over clocked before…it can handle it but just maybe not under the windows 2008 r2 OS…

mabye it’s because they do not expect a server to be overclocked since the cooling requirements and stability concerns, so MS has locked down this type of thing.

However You can create a new user with admin permissions, and give them the trustedinstaller permission.

You can do with with the users and group management. This is located within the computer/server management MSC control.

You may also do this with the particular file. You can set the ownership as admin, or whatever username you want, and then modify permissions. I actually had a simaler problem today with a certain directory and this worked fine.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous

mabye it’s because they do not expect a server to be overclocked since the cooling requirements and stability concerns, so MS has locked down this type of thing.

However You can create a new user with admin permissions, and give them the trustedinstaller permission.

You can do with with the users and group management. This is located within the computer/server management MSC control.

You may also do this with the particular file. You can set the ownership as admin, or whatever username you want, and then modify permissions. I actually had a simaler problem today with a certain directory and this worked fine.

I hope this helps.

Also in WS2008 R1 I do not see trustedinstallers as a group. This may have been a new R2 group, However i will investigate other options….

Anonymous

Also in WS2008 R1 I do not see trustedinstallers as a group. This may have been a new R2 group, However i will investigate other options….

It can be installed, i just did it.

You need to modify the MSI file internally.
                Do you want a copy?

Anonymous

It can be installed, i just did it.

You need to modify the MSI file internally.
                  Do you want a copy?

Though i wouldnt waste your time, it doesnt seem to work properly for me, its reporting cpu speeds of 20gig!
                  (i have a phenom II at 4.01gig)

Anonymous

Though i wouldnt waste your time, it doesnt seem to work properly for me, its reporting cpu speeds of 20gig!
                    (i have a phenom II at 4.01gig)

Viewing 14 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.