AMD Catalyst 11.5 WHQL & HotFix 11.5a Server 2K8 R

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility AMD Catalyst 11.5 WHQL & HotFix 11.5a Server 2K8 R

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

The thing I notice about both of these drivers was the CCC, Drivers and MS VC ++ were Server 2008 & R2 ready, it’s looks as AMD is slowly supporting the Server platform. The only things that are not supported so far are the features such as: Drag N Drop Transcoder, AVIVO, WMV Decoder and OpenCL. I would like know to why wouldn’t they take advantage of the OpenCL feature for Server (workstation) platform.

Once again all I did is edit the msi for the features, hopefully all the feature works properly you. Seeing that they not supported by AMD.

Release notes for 11.5: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst115ReleaseNotes.aspx

Download: http://www.filesonic.com/file/955368104/11-5_Server_2008_R2_Fully_Ready_dd_ccc_ocl.rar 87.44MB

Release notes for 11.5a hotfix: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst115ahotfix.aspx

Download: http://www.filesonic.com/file/955368124/AMD_Catalyst_11.5a_Hotfix_8.85.6RC1_Server2008R2_Fully_Ready_May5.rar 154.47MB

Where is the “Thank” button 😆

@thaikinh wrote:

Where is the “Thank” button 😆

Indeed, where is it!

Thanks!

I noticed that too, was opening the msi to Edit and thinking I was going mad! Still changed those items that didn’t state 2008 for the full install.

I’m still not getting full hardware acceleration though which is killing my cunning plan to combine my WHS 2011 server build as a Blu-Ray player (small chenbro case, whisper quiet and power sipping AMD Fusion board). My AMD Brazos E350 is capable of full Blu-Ray playback but only if the GPU acceleration/UVD is fully utilised.

Any ideas? Using the AMD System monitor the GPU does appar to get some use but the CPU is at 80% and thus I get stuttering. Could be an Arcsoft Issue but I can’t even get Cyberlink to launch on 2008R2 so can’t test that.

Cheers, Alex

@fishyuk wrote:

I noticed that too, was opening the msi to Edit and thinking I was going mad! Still changed those items that didn’t state 2008 for the full install.

I’m still not getting full hardware acceleration though which is killing my cunning plan to combine my WHS 2011 server build as a Blu-Ray player (small chenbro case, whisper quiet and power sipping AMD Fusion board). My AMD Brazos E350 is capable of full Blu-Ray playback but only if the GPU acceleration/UVD is fully utilised.

Any ideas? Using the AMD System monitor the GPU does appar to get some use but the CPU is at 80% and thus I get stuttering. Could be an Arcsoft Issue but I can’t even get Cyberlink to launch on 2008R2 so can’t test that.

Cheers, Alex

At the moment I using Media Player Classic & SPlayer they both seem to be using DXVA. I haven’t used Arcsoft or Cyberlink, so I wouldn’t really know. I just notice it too for some reason when playing any DXVA files it doesn’t the GPU load is @ 0% using GPU-z monitoring, but it when I check the codec status it say it using the GPU and my CPU usage is at constant at 4-8% load when playing 1080p video. I think AMD might messed up on the GPU monitoring.

i’m new to this and i find it cool reading these all.

Hi

I have a brand new ASUS Radeon HD 6870 DCU and would very much like to get the most out of it in my Windows 2008 R2 machine. I mostly do development, but sometimes bury myself in frantic gaming or a nice film.

Latest AMD release for now: 11-6_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.
      Looks like the AMD developers made some misguided efforts to scale down the features for Windows server. Media Foundation codecs and OpenCL do not install (why remove OpenCL?).

I tried install the msi files directly (e.g. OpenCL.msi) and OpenCL showed up in PC Wizard 2010. Best is to enable all features back in the installer as you did though.

Can I ask what msi-edit tool you used? orca?
      Which msi files did you edit?

regards
      Jerker

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.