Advice for a rookie – gettin’ it right

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Advice for a rookie – gettin’ it right

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi good people!

This will be my first mail in this forum, which i have followed on and off for some time now with great curiosity! However i dont seem to come any nearer the questions that is on my mind:

-Will i have any realworld benefit of using Win2k8R2 over or alongside my newly purchased Win7 Ultimate-x64 in a multibootsetup?- (im not trying to pick a fight here, so please restrain yourselves ;o)

-And since its a brand new SSD as well, some advice perhaps of which OS to install first?-

-Finally, does anyone have experience with particular well-working AHCI-drivers on Win2k8R2; i mean should one use the Intel Storage Manager drivers or their newer Rapid Storage Tech drivers or maybe just the OS-builtin-ones? Lenovo also has some ISM based ones, but pretty old in comparison-

My main workfield is in contentcreating apps such as Cinema4D, Photoshop and Fusion on belowmentioned laptop. I know its not the latest supergear, but somehow it serves me well and the main rendering is done elsewhere anyways.

There seem to be many more or less wellfounded opinions on the first subject at least, but any feedback from real-life users woud be very much appreciated here! I hope i havent offended anyone with this rather long first and mixed post, but somehow it felt fitting under the Miscellaneous-section…

Thanks in advance
      Kim

laptopconfiguration:
      IBM t60p w/dualcore 2 [email protected]
      4gb 667mhz ddr2 ram/ATI Mobility FireGL. V5200
      Intel 82801GBM/GHM I/O controller hub (ICH7M/ICH7MDH) SATA Controller in AHCI mode
      Mobile Intel 945GM/GMS/940GML or 945GT Express Chipset
      Intel 160gb X25-M 2nd.gen. SSD(newest firmware) + Filemate 48gb SSD Expresscard34

im with r2 and ssd of intel i cant get trim working

the ahci working ok
      i hear for making trim work u need to use ms driver

Anonymous

im with r2 and ssd of intel i cant get trim working

the ahci working ok
        i hear for making trim work u need to use ms driver

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.