Administrative group w/o Administrative permissions?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 Applications Compatibility Administrative group w/o Administrative permissions?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve followed the steps listed on this site and for the most part they were excellent. Of particular relevance, is the article on Windows 8 apps regarding setting up a user and adding the user to the Administrative group.

When I got around to downloading software from dreamspark, then problems occurred: installation of the secure download manager results in “The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation” after going through the installation wizard. Further, if I try to install the dlls from Missing DLLs article using the user account and I use “Run as Administrator”, it fails with “File not found – XInput1.4.dll\Installation failed! Are you running the installation as Administrator?”. Running w/o Administrative privileges results in an Access denied.

For Windows 7, some popular solutions include: adjusting the registry to enable MSI (won’t work since the folder in the registry it’s usually found isn’t there: HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsInstaller), adjust local security policy settings (particularly adding Software Restriction Policies then editing the Enforcement), and a few more I can’t remember now.

Why can’t I install using the User account with administrative privileges?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.