Address bar History (bread crumbs?)

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Address bar History (bread crumbs?)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Om my Server 2008 installs the explorer address bar kept a history of recent folders. So if I had saved a picture from FireFox or IE I could drop down and find a folder I recently used. Since updating to R2 one system retained this feature the other did not. Does anyone know how to restore the feature? I have looked all over for something that might point me in the right direction and find nothing. So it’s time to ask.

Thanks
      Mike

R2 is part of the windows 7 set and of course they got rid of TONS of explorer enhancements!

The few that utterly annoy the crap outta me are:

removal of the share overlay icon on folders! (how am I supposed to differenciante between shared and non shared without the pain of right clicking!)

removal of the amount of explorer windows on the taskbar! (why in the hell?)

and so much more stuff. Also they got rid of the status bar info on the bottom

I think they messed up with 7. They wanted to get rid of good features to make the soccer moms who are new to computers less “intimidated”… Listen if you are so intimited about computers displaying useful information YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I hate the dumbing down of software that seems to be a fad these days. Ether learn computers the way they are or go do something else. Don’t expect people to bow down to your demands and dumb down everything so your lazy brain don’t want to learn it.

Anonymous

R2 is part of the windows 7 set and of course they got rid of TONS of explorer enhancements!

The few that utterly annoy the crap outta me are:

removal of the share overlay icon on folders! (how am I supposed to differenciante between shared and non shared without the pain of right clicking!)

removal of the amount of explorer windows on the taskbar! (why in the hell?)

and so much more stuff. Also they got rid of the status bar info on the bottom

I think they messed up with 7. They wanted to get rid of good features to make the soccer moms who are new to computers less “intimidated”… Listen if you are so intimited about computers displaying useful information YOU SHOULD NOT BE USING ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I hate the dumbing down of software that seems to be a fad these days. Ether learn computers the way they are or go do something else. Don’t expect people to bow down to your demands and dumb down everything so your lazy brain don’t want to learn it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.