Acronis TrueImage Free Version

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Acronis TrueImage Free Version

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author

I hope someone here can figure out and help me with the free version of Acronis TrueImage. I’ve tried editing the msi with Orca, and I’ve tried the fixit vbs script, but it still won’t install. Still says “please buy our $600 version for server, because we love money”….. lol I also tried the “deny myself Read rights” to the ProductOptions folder trick….

Seriously though. Can somebody pull this file off their site and see if its crackable?

Thanks!!

u have a link ? so i could try it on here ?

Anonymous

u have a link ? so i could try it on here ?

Anonymous

Hello, can anyone figure out this for the 2011 version?
          Here is the dl link.
          http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/link/?ATIH2011_trial_en-US.exe

πŸ™„

Anonymous

Hello, can anyone figure out this for the 2011 version?
            Here is the dl link.
            http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/link/?ATIH2011_trial_en-US.exe

πŸ™„

Arris

1. Download True Image Home 2011 from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/.
              2. Extract ATIH2011_trial_en-US.exe using 7-Zip.
              3. Open AcronisTrueImage.msi using Orca MSI Editor (download from this page), and drop the following lines ([table].[name]):

InstallUISequence.InstallRestrictionsForm
              InstallUISequence.DetectRestrictedProducts
              InstallExecuteSequence.DetectRestrictedProducts
              LaunchCondition."NOT InstallRestrictions"

6. Save the msi and install Acronis True Image Home on your Windows Server OS.

Just did some trial and error testing to find this out. It took a little while but it turned out “Restrict” was the keyword to search for.

Enjoy! πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

1. Download True Image Home 2011 from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/.
                3. Open AcronisTrueImage.msi using Orca MSI Editor (download from this page), and drop the following lines ([table].[name]):

Just did some trial and error testing to find this out. It took a little while but it turned out “Restrict” was the keyword to search for.

Enjoy! πŸ˜‰

Thanks for the update but it still doesn’t work for me. I get the same behavior as before.
                I tried running their clean up exe, then rebooting then running the updated msi as described above and still backs out at the last part like before.
                2008 just sucks…

Thank you for the effort though. Really appreciate it! πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

Thanks for the update but it still doesn’t work for me. I get the same behavior as before.
                  I tried running their clean up exe, then rebooting then running the updated msi as described above and still backs out at the last part like before.
                  2008 just sucks…

Thank you for the effort though. Really appreciate it! πŸ˜‰

@Arris wrote:

Even years later, your solution still resonates since I just installed Seagate’s LE version of Acronis 13 onto a 2008 R2 DataCenter AND using it quite nicely.
                  If anyone wants to try it for themselves, Seagate gives away Acronis 13 at:
                  http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/enterprise-hard-drives/savvio-15k/discwizard-master-dl/
                  Thank you, thank you, thaaaannk you for making countless lives easier and our upgrade weekends shorter than we originally thought they’d have to be.

Enjoy! πŸ˜‰

Anonymous

@Arris wrote:

Even years later, your solution still resonates since I just installed Seagate’s LE version of Acronis 13 onto a 2008 R2 DataCenter AND using it quite nicely.
                    If anyone wants to try it for themselves, Seagate gives away Acronis 13 at:
                    http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/enterprise-hard-drives/savvio-15k/discwizard-master-dl/
                    Thank you, thank you, thaaaannk you for making countless lives easier and our upgrade weekends shorter than we originally thought they’d have to be.

Enjoy! πŸ˜‰

Well, I know the topic is a bit old. But, I just wanted to say that this also works with Acronis True Image 2014 as well.

Great job on this fix. πŸ™‚ This saved me alot of cash that I would’ve had to spend otherwise for an upgrade to a server edition of the software after having just purchased a registered version of True Image 2014 already.

Anonymous

Well, I know the topic is a bit old. But, I just wanted to say that this also works with Acronis True Image 2014 as well.

Great job on this fix. πŸ™‚ This saved me alot of cash that I would’ve had to spend otherwise for an upgrade to a server edition of the software after having just purchased a registered version of True Image 2014 already.

This crap doesn’t work (Acronis True Image Home 2011).
                      I edited the msi file the way it is proposed here and the installation seems to start normally.
                      But in the end it the progress bar just moves backward and that’s it.

And no, I’m not offending anyone here.

Acronis can shove their software up their *you know what I mean*

Offering software that was especially made for server operating systems is one thing but forcing people to buy the extremely expensive server versions is something else.

Anonymous

This crap doesn’t work (Acronis True Image Home 2011).
                        I edited the msi file the way it is proposed here and the installation seems to start normally.
                        But in the end it the progress bar just moves backward and that’s it.

And no, I’m not offending anyone here.

Acronis can shove their software up their *you know what I mean*

Offering software that was especially made for server operating systems is one thing but forcing people to buy the extremely expensive server versions is something else.

hackerman1

Hi !

Macrium Reflect 4.2 FREE works on WS2008 / WS2008-R2 / WS2012.
                          With the “usual” Appverifier-trick: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2463
                          Not tested it on WS2012-R2 yet, but i assume it will work.
                          I have tried newer versions but iΒ΄ve had problems getting them to work (“server-allergy”…),
                          so i have not updated it.
                          But since 4.2 works i donΒ΄t have any real reason to do it.

Anonymous

Hi !

Macrium Reflect 4.2 FREE works on WS2008 / WS2008-R2 / WS2012.
                            With the “usual” Appverifier-trick: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2463
                            Not tested it on WS2012-R2 yet, but i assume it will work.
                            I have tried newer versions but iΒ΄ve had problems getting them to work (“server-allergy”…),
                            so i have not updated it.
                            But since 4.2 works i donΒ΄t have any real reason to do it.

It might be a good solution and of course there are also others like COMODO backup that work on Windows Server, but the problem is, once you’ve used Acronis and have loads of tib files (the acronis backup files) a program that cannot handle tib files is quite useless.

But nevertheless, my problem is somehow solved because I managed to get True Image WD Edition 2013 (free for owners of Western Digital hard drives) to work.

Anonymous

It might be a good solution and of course there are also others like COMODO backup that work on Windows Server, but the problem is, once you’ve used Acronis and have loads of tib files (the acronis backup files) a program that cannot handle tib files is quite useless.

But nevertheless, my problem is somehow solved because I managed to get True Image WD Edition 2013 (free for owners of Western Digital hard drives) to work.

Viewing 20 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.