64 bit Palm drivers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I discovered yesterday that, while Palm has recently come out with a Vista version of its desktop software, it has no plans for 64 bit support. I did install the 32 bit desktop software, and am trying to make network synchronization work since the USB driver doesn’t.

Maybe when MS gets USB functionality working in Hyper-V I can use my XP or Vista VM for this.

Now playing: The Cruxshadows – Foreverlast (Night Version)
      via FoxyTunes

Arris

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 doesn’t support USB yet, so maybe you have to switch to VMWare Player and use this tutorial to create a Windows XP client!

Hope this solves your problem for now! 🙂

I’ve got network synchronization working now, so that’s good enough. The Palm Desktop program for Vista is a little squirrely, so that’s where my problem was.

I guess the fact that Palm is not interested in 64 bit drivers is not a good sign for their (Palm’s) future.

Now playing: Weezer – Butterfly
        via FoxyTunes

Arris

Hope/guess they are working on x64 Vista drivers but it’s a slow process because the drivers also have to be verified in order to be signed at Microsoft. 64bit is the future so all hardware companies are forced to create Vista/Server 2008 x64 drivers. :geek:

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.